Seriously DISGUSTED!!

Glad he's been arrested, what a vile person.

Tom did so so well, he's still so young too.

Good I hope they come down on him like a ton of bricks. What charges are they arresting him on?x

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127

xxx

Thanks hun just read it. I'm glad other celebs are getting behind him aswell. They've kicked people off Twitter for far less so I don't understand why his accounts still there :shrug: he's getting a lot of abuse though - Everyone on my twitters sending him abuse or at least retweeting other people doing it.
Its just a shame they don't do the same to people that troll ordinary none celeb people - I've seen so many people trolling RIP pages - Makes me sick. If I made someone feel like crap I've feel awful I wouldn't be able to go out of my way to do it!
What's more annoying is people like the athletes work extremely hard their whole life to get where they are and they deserve it - Assholes like him abuse those people and are famous worldwide for 5 mins :nope: x

I think what he said was disgusting and wrong.
Its worth mentioning however, before the police were involved he did apoligise several times and has received plenty of abuse and threats himself.
I don't think its an arrestable offence, i've seen far worse on Twitter people have got away with with.

I think what he said was disgusting and wrong.
Its worth mentioning however, before the police were involved he did apoligise several times and has received plenty of abuse and threats himself.
I don't think its an arrestable offence, i've seen far worse on Twitter people have got away with with.

Did you read his other tweets though. Full of threats, abuse and racism. He only apologised to try and save his skin, I doubt very much his half hearted apology had any meaning to it.

Yeah he did apologise and then set his tweets to private then when Tom didn't reply accepting his apology and he was getting more abuse from everyone else he started tweeting Tom again saying he how he's gonna drown him in the pool and stuff so his apology meant absolutely nothing.x

https://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/17...rgeting-Tom/story-16617666-detail/story.html#

Attachments

• munch_2012_07_31_123837.jpg
    munch_2012_07_31_123837.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 15
Aaah, okay.
By the time i clocked onto it last night, all the threats had been removed, only insulting ones were left.

Yeah I hadn't seen it until I read the story. I don't think the police will really do anything though I hope they do x

Wow, I hadn't seen this. What a pathetic little child. I'm glad it's being taken seriously!

I think its ironic that many people on twitter have dished out a great deal of abuse towards him yet no-one is calling for them to be arrested. This was clearly a twat, being a twat and to take any of the "threats" seriously is ridiculous. I don't agree with what he did but many people suffer from bullying on a daily basis and the police do nothing. This twat does it to someone vaguely famous and all of a sudden it's the worst offence in the world ever. The best way to deal with idiots like that is to starve them of the oxygen they crave. Ignore them and they go away. On a media such as twitter it is very easy to do. Block them, delete them, whatever, re tweeting was definitely a big mistake. Just like that bloke who made a throwaway remark about an airport, to waste police and court time over this is stupid. I also have real concerns about the apparent speed at which the authorities want to stamp out people saying unsavoury things. I may not agree with awful views but people have the right to hold them.

That;s awful :nope: He tried his best and that's all this country should ask x

I think its ironic that many people on twitter have dished out a great deal of abuse towards him yet no-one is calling for them to be arrested. This was clearly a twat, being a twat and to take any of the "threats" seriously is ridiculous. I don't agree with what he did but many people suffer from bullying on a daily basis and the police do nothing. This twat does it to someone vaguely famous and all of a sudden it's the worst offence in the world ever. The best way to deal with idiots like that is to starve them of the oxygen they crave. Ignore them and they go away. On a media such as twitter it is very easy to do. Block them, delete them, whatever, re tweeting was definitely a big mistake. Just like that bloke who made a throwaway remark about an airport, to waste police and court time over this is stupid. I also have real concerns about the apparent speed at which the authorities want to stamp out people saying unsavoury things. I may not agree with awful views but people have the right to hold them.

In a roundabout way I kind of agree with you but - The police are trying to clamp down on all trolling because there's a hell of a lot of it. A friend of mine died in February - Went missing for a week and was found dead in some woods the weekend before his 21st - There was a help us find Tom page and a RIP Tom when he was found (on facebook) and trolls that didn't know him and weren't even from our area started posting horrid messages based on what other people who were paying their respects had written and his family of course contacted the police. I don't know what happened regarding it as I'm not in contact with his family but there was some program about it and they did arrest someone for repeatedly doing it - Its clearly not this guys first time doing it - and as for people holding views everyones allowed to and if he'd have said it in an indirect way I don't think there would be the same issue..But he said it directly to someone to cause them upset and stress. If someone was threatening me whether they meant it or it was empty I wouldn't be willing to take the chance :shrug: x

If he has been doing it for years, why is it only now he's arrested? He's been through the school system, was probably saying equally nasty things to his friends, why was he not arrested then? Probably because his "victims" were told to ignore it, which is what Daley should have done.

Of course it is terrible to hear other people say awful things about people who have died. But if you choose to have a public forum to memorialise a private grief, you open yourself up to that. Facebook has options to keep these things to invited members. I'm not sure why it's necessary to have these things at all, bit if people want to, why not make it private?

As the tweets got out of hand, the guy seemed more concerned that he had "haters" prior to the police getting involved. This seemed to really bother him and that "law of the jungle" is the best way to deal with it.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a serious attempt to deal with cyber bullying, but this wasn't it. It only became an issue because he is famous

I saw this when that riley kid was doing iy hes been arrested now due to threatening to drown tom!! What a vile creature huh obviously jealous of toms sucess at his age.
I had to send tom a tweet after i saw what he wrote about his dad upset me .

It's absolutely disgusting what he said...but to arrest him, on what grounds exactly? Maybe if he has made threats (i've not really read much about it)...but surely simply saying something offensive is not an illegal thing to do? I presume they will then arrest the people who have retaliated.

It's absolutely disgusting what he said...but to arrest him, on what grounds exactly? Maybe if he has made threats (i've not really read much about it)...but surely simply saying something offensive is not an illegal thing to do? I presume they will then arrest the people who have retaliated.

He threatened to drown him. Not that I believe he would of done it, or gone any where near him because he is a coward but the police are right to do this IMO, it sends out a message to trolls that they wont get away with it.

He apparently done similar to Clare Balding and others too.

If we're going to arrest everyone on the basis of a random empty threat, then our courts will be full. Did Tom Daley fear for his life on the basis of that comment, so much so he reported it? No. And arresting him in some vain attempt to stop people trolling is futile. The only way to stop any bully is to ignore it. Easier to do online than in person and that would have put an end to it.

That's horrible,has he nothing better to do?

Are they going to arrest to hundreds who threatened the abuser on behalf of Tom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->