Seriously hard and painful movements!

Talia12

Reaction score
I was loving feeling baby have a real little wriggle about half an hour ago and now it's turned into MASSIVE movements, wondering if she's flipping over (repeatedly) to the point that it's hurting me. I didn't have ouch kicks (except to my cervix) until much later with my son so I'm wondering if this is ok?! Could it be a sign of distress or anything like that? It's really hard for me to get to hospital or anything right now as it's 11:30pm and my son is in bed and DH is asleep too, also I don't know if it would even be a reason to go in... anyone else had this? I'm 27 weeks...

It sounds like your baby has just discovered a new way to move about. I wouldn't be concerned that something is wrong and I wouldn't head to hospital for something like that. In both of my previous pregnancies my babies were big movers at that gestation, they're getting bigger and they still have enough room for big movements so you do really feel them.

Lie on your left side and try to relax, baby will find a comfy spot soon and chill out. :)

Ah thank you you don't know how much it helps just you saying you wouldn't go to the hospital for that haha, because whenever I'm in doubt I feel like the crappest mum ever for not erring on the side of caution and going in! Anyway I fell asleep in the end and this morning movements seem normal. Bit bloody calmer for a start haha.

I've been having these too, sometimes it feels like she's trying to push her way through my belly. It only lasts about 5 minutes then she rolls back into a more comfy position. Don't feel like a bad mum! The thought of going to hospital for it never even entered my head tbh, I just assumed it's one of the less enjoyable bits of pregnancy:haha:

I've been having these too, sometimes it feels like she's trying to push her way through my belly. It only lasts about 5 minutes then she rolls back into a more comfy position. Don't feel like a bad mum! The thought of going to hospital for it never even entered my head tbh, I just assumed it's one of the less enjoyable bits of pregnancy:haha:

Thank you!!

Although you are farther along than most of us in the second trimester, I had this same thing happen a couple nights ago and I am 21 weeks. I was laying on my back in bed relaxing before turning over to sleep and I felt this movement that almost took my breath away and lasted a good 2-3 minutes. It felt like a "wave" of movement but I couldn't really feel from the outside. It worried me a little but just chalked it up to her moving around and trying to get comfortable because she has been kicking/punching like normal since then.

Yeah it was like that, like an extreme wave of movement! Happened a few times.
I think it must've been baby flipping through 180 degrees. Glad yours has been normal since then too! Next time I won't worry.

Yeah it was like that, like an extreme wave of movement! Happened a few times.
I think it must've been baby flipping through 180 degrees. Glad yours has been normal since then too! Next time I won't worry.

My previous babies have been punchers and kickers , this baby however is a roller . It's very uncomfortable especially when baby rolls and kicks at the same time :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->