Seriously, how do some people manage to run a successful business?!

shirlls

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit of a rant.

I placed a large order with a local small business supplier for birthday gifts for 4 family birthdays coming up. I have bought from this person before and had no problem.

On this occasion, her communication has been a bit tardy, e.g. telling me she would get back to me with final price quote and not doing it (I am still waiting for the prices even though I placed order nearly 2 months ago), I also emailed her asking a question about my order and she never replied but got back to me when I sent another email which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

I got the impression something might be going on with her, perhaps in her personal life or whatever so I didn't think much of it as I know what it's like to run a small business (I run 2) and have other things going on. Then on Wednesday I emailed her asking for the prices and it was shown as 'seen' straight away (it was via facebook private message) but got no reply. This morning I checked her page and it appears to be gone from facebook so I can only assume she is no longer doing it and as I am not confident in her anymore I am looking elsewhere as my family birthday parties are next Sunday.

I have enquired with other similar suppliers, two haven't replied, one is taking time out due to illness, another is on mat leave, and the other is fully booked and can't do it on time :( .

I am furious! I realise things can happen and I know if something serious has happened with the original supplier contacting me is probably not foremost on her mind, however without sounding harsh, if you run a business you do still need to take things into account like your business reputation especially if a customer has returned with a repeat order! No matter how much you don't feel like attending to things you still have to do it, and it takes minutes to send an email of apology explaining that you can no longer do an order. I would have understood! I run 2 small businesses and if I behaved like this I wouldn't expect to have any customers.

Thanks for listening, I am just raging, and really disappointed that my family might no longer get the gifts I had in mind for them, especially as they were personalised.

I know how bloody annoying this is.

I was regularly using a small fb business every month, spending up to £25 each time. Some were gifts for others. The communication and not replying to messages which I know had been read was horrendous and really put me off. I've now found another supplier which is similar products and cheaper.

Good communication is key to keeping your customers I feel!

I know how bloody annoying this is.

I was regularly using a small fb business every month, spending up to £25 each time. Some were gifts for others. The communication and not replying to messages which I know had been read was horrendous and really put me off. I've now found another supplier which is similar products and cheaper.

Good communication is key to keeping your customers I feel!

You are so right! Customers would lose confidence in you if you have crap communication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->