Serum integrated screening

cluckerduckie

Husband and two boys
Reaction score
I'm having trouble locating info about this.
One friend told me that she found out the gender of her baby at her 16w appointment...then some say, no.
My question, can you find out gender from this screening? After the first draw at 10-13 weeks?
Thanks!

I suspect your friend's memory is a little fuzzy. She might have found out at 20 week scan.
The only way I can think of at a 16wk appointment is if had been spotted at 12 week scan (both my 12 wk scans have been late 14 & 15 weeks)

I believe she's talking about an integrated screen test, which is a genetic test where you get two blood draws and an ultrasound to screen for genetic abnormalities. The first blood draw is, I believe, around 12 weeks and the second is around 16 weeks (Downs, etc). Those are done along with an ultrasound to look at the baby's head/neck/fluid. And there are instances where women were able to find out their baby's gender along with their results. I had the integrated screen done but I didn't find out baby girl's gender until an ultrasound at 18 weeks (I shouldn't have found out until our 20 weeks scan, but at an appointment, Dr couldn't find baby's heartbeat on the doppler and protocol sent me for an ultrasound to make sure everything was fine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->