Seven days of postive opks in a row :(

Annamorgan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First post here & I could really use some of your expertise

I am using clear blue digital ovulation tests. i got my first positive (solid smiley face) on Tuesday. They have been positive smiley faces ever since. I have been testing in the afternoon and try not to drink too many fluids beforehand. I also have tried testing in the morning and later at night. They are always positive. Seven days and worth counting :(

the thing is that my period is supposed to come in less than a week--probably by sat or sunday but its often irregular and also very very light. i have hypothryoidsim and i also have been told i could have pcos (though that was when i was younger and not ttc, so i didnt care too much because my symtpoms were fine with me then...light periods that come about every month and a half.)

of course now its very upsetting. im very concerned and unhappy with these test results. and no im not pregnant :( i took several hpts and they are all negative.

the other odd thing is that my ovulation is happening soo late in the game. i thought i was ovulating a couple weeks ago actually because i had egg white like mucus and the ipad app i have been using to track my information said i was ovulating then. i decided to try OPKs for the first time (been avoiding due to cost), and after a couple days of empty circles, its been all smiley faces ever since like i described above.

im just now tracking temps but i havent been doing it with regualrity due a messed up scheudle so thats no help.

any advice or thoughts or similar expriences out there? i was so happy when i saw my frist smiley face but now i feel like its mocking me. lol. im worried it means my egg isnt coming down but its trying and trying. and turning into a cyst. hence pcos. :(
:nope:

I don't have experience personally but have you thought about getting your bloods checked to ensure you're ovulating? Depending on your average cycle length, you should get bloods taken on cd2 or cd3 and then again around cd21 (based on a 28 day cycle). Check with your doctor perhaps? But that would be the most obvious thing to check first.

I think that you may still have ovulated so try not to worry. I hear that women with pcos should bd every other day throughout the cycle since ovulation is much harder to predict or confirm. Hope that helps and good luck.

Thanks so much for your reply! We are in the process of moving to a new state so I have to find a new dr and haven't yet had tests or anything. We're trying to bd as much as we can but these tests r stressing me....sounds like blood tests r the next step! ;)

Update: Now im having flashing smiley faces (high fertility instead of peak fertility result). any clue whats going on or any similiar experiences out there? making drs appt today...

If you have pcos ( I do) then it is possible to get false positives with opk- with pcos its common to always have high levels of LH.

Are you using the advanced digital (purple) or the regular (pink)? With the digitals you are supposed to test with FMU. So testing in the afternoon might be throwing you off. With the advanced digital (purple) once you get the solid (peak) smilie it stays solid for 48 hours, so you can't test again.

I think you are using the advanced (purple) because those tests have the flashing (high) and solid (peak). Not sure how you could get a solid every day when it freezes for 48 hours once you get a solid smilie (peak)?

The pink digitals let you test every day even after you get a solid smilie, but that tests doesn't show the flashing smilie.

I don't trust these OPK's and only used them a couple of times, I never seem to get a dark line!

I am rubbish with temp, just try to work out your body yourself, you know yourself better when you start to recognise ovulation symptoms

thanks everyone for your help! you're right, i am using the purple ones! but i am confused, what do you mean it freezes? I pop out the tab and just put in a new one each day/whenever i test. it shows me the test symbol and then i use it and it flashes and gives me a new result...am i doing it wrong? I know in the directions it said to stop testing once i get a solid positive but i didnt just bc knowing i have pcos and being so confused w the solid smile so late in the month, i wanted to know what the deal was.

I have PCOS and OPKs don't work for me, neither does temping. If I went by my temps only, it would indicate I ovulate 4 times a month. If I went by OPKs then I ovulate for two weeks streight (the two weeks leading up to AF time actually!) None of the temps and OPKs match up to each other. Sorry I can't be any more help then to just say "me too" but lots of :dust: to you!

Wow that's me to a t! My af is due sometime this weekend or a bit later...and I've been getting positive opks since last week. My temps are all over the place too, but I thought that was just due to my messed up sleep schedule and my thyroid making me so hot I have to sleep w a giant fan pointed at my face. It's nice to know I'm not crazy, I guess we just have to bd every other day to hopefully hit some potential ovulation day. Thank u for your help and much much luck to you as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->