Seven weeks and super nervous - resting heart rate

Joybell

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been reluctant to post in case i'm jinxing myself.

I've got a five year who we conceived easily. We've been trying for my second now for 2 and a half years with only one early/chemical in all that time. We were due to start IVF in March/April this year. However I'm now pregnant naturally and seven weeks along. No bleeding, no unusual pain just stretching and some discomfort from bloating and constipation/diarreha. Boobs painful on and off and occasion nausea but nothing really.

The longer this is going for the more confident I've been feeling but stupidly I've been keeping an eye on my resting heart rate on my fit bit. It climbed and climbed for about a week or so when I found out I was pregnant but now has been slowly ticking its way back downwards. It got as high as 82 (my pre pregnancy resting was 68-72). I'm now this morning sitting at 76.

Since then I've just been convinced that something is wrong and I know it's so stupid. Reading online the resting heart rate thing can be bad news or totally normal. It's not helping that i'm not feeling really sick and haven't at all this pregnancy. With my first I was so ill from around 6 weeks right through to 18 weeks.

I'm due to go for a private scan on 7th Feb but just wanted to vent and see if anyone had any reassurance. Should I chuck the fit bit!?

Joy x

I'm now just over 14 weeks had my scan last week and I haven't had a single symptom. But with boy my boys I had bad sickness. I'm sure it's gone wrong then have a scan or midwife check and baby is fine. I won't believe it until baby is safe but so far all is good without a single symptom

That's good to hear glong. I remember you from the testing threads when I had my chemical in early 2015, I think you were going through something similar at the time too. Congrats on your pregnancy.

Joy x

Hi, just curious what should your heart rate be and why are you worried? Never heard anybody mention it before so hope you don’t mind me asking you :)

My resting heart beat before was 69 with fitbit and last I checked it was 85 but I honestly haven't worn it in forever. If it's causing you anxiety I vote you take it off.

I’m pretty sure your heart rate is supposed to increase as you produce more blood when you are pregnant, and your body works harder as you’re growing a human :) I’m pretty sure it’s only if it gets ‘high’ which I believe is like 90/100 that you need to worry. Talk to your midwife when you see her.
I’ve also got virtually no symptoms and no morning sickness. It’s very hard to relax but i am seeing lots of people experiencing that.

Any Trisha-while TTC I was reading about people that had found out they were pregnant by accident as they had noticed their resting heart rate had increased on their fitbit.
I think it's supposed to increase after ovulation and stay high if pregnant. Worked for me the continued to climb higher in the weeks after my BFP.

Thanks for the support everyone. I think I'm gonna ditch it for now

My resting heart rate was over 100 bpm very frequently when I was pregnant, there was no real reason for it as I was in my mid twenties, not overweight, I didn’t put an excessive amount of weight on when pregnant, and I am otherwise fit and healthy. They did put it in my notes that I had unexplained fast pulse and I did get tests done in the maternity unit (an ecg, blood pressure, oxygen levels and suchlike) and they found nothing wrong.

I’ve still got a faster than average pulse, and it increases really quickly when I exercise, but slows back down to normal at the proper rates.

They did have me see a consultant and considered putting me on medication but decided it wasn’t necessary as it wasn’t continuing to increase.

The only time they remotely panicked was when it sat at 137 for the best part of the day and I had no movement from baby. They panicked as she wasn’t moving and they couldn’t differentiate between her pulse or mine, so I had an emergency scan. Everything was fine, but this is when they organised the tests!

I used breathing techniques to slow my pulse.

Ah that makes sense, gonna check my HR now :lol: thank you for the educating!

My resting heart rate is always high, my blood pressure always low for some reason. Makes no sense. Anyways my resting heart rate when I'm not pregnant runs about 100 bpm and during pregnancy is about 120 bpm. Not only when you're pregnant do you pump more blood and so your heart has to work more, but nerves play a huge role too. When we're pregnant, we're on edge, constantly worried about losing the baby.

Cramps on and off is a good sign everything is stretching lovely xx

Thanks everyone. Reading back to my original post I don't think I was clear, it's my dropping resting heart rate that's worrying me after an initial peak . I've convinced myself I'm miscarrying. :/

Anyway trying to put it out my mind for now. Early scan is on Feb 7th when I'll be around 9 weeks. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->