Severe dyskaryosis

Mrs B1

Reaction score
Hi,

im new to all this but would really appreciate it if there was any1 out there who is experiencing this too to kindly put my mind to rest.
I had my 1st smear last week and on saturday i recieved a letter explaining that i have an abnormal result which is showing severe dyskaryosis. It also explains that i need to have a colposcopy appt at the hospital. I am so worried its been driving me crazy all weekend. Does this mean i could have cancer? I have tried to see my nurse or GP today and they are fully booked and now i have another wait until tomorrow morning.
Has anyone else experienced this? I just keep crying and im trying to stay strong for my daughter. There is also the fact that i stopped taking the pill last month, could that have affected my results?
I look forward to hearing from you xxx:hugs:

Hi,

im new to all this but would really appreciate it if there was any1 out there who is experiencing this too to kindly put my mind to rest.
I had my 1st smear last week and on saturday i recieved a letter explaining that i have an abnormal result which is showing severe dyskaryosis. It also explains that i need to have a colposcopy appt at the hospital. I am so worried its been driving me crazy all weekend. Does this mean i could have cancer? I have tried to see my nurse or GP today and they are fully booked and now i have another wait until tomorrow morning.
Has anyone else experienced this? I just keep crying and im trying to stay strong for my daughter. There is also the fact that i stopped taking the pill last month, could that have affected my results?

hiya try not to worry easier said than done i know,but many women has gone through this including my mum n auntie and two of my friend which are early 20's the 1 friend gotta ave a coloscopy soon.they will just burn any abnormal cells then u will b fine i shouldnt imagine iut being cancer esp if u regulary attend u smear whenever they call x

Hi,

Hey there,
Gosh, your story is so similar to mine. We finally decided to TTC with my fiance last month, and I found out I have severe dyskaryosis this month!! Last week, to be more precise. My pap smear was very painful earlier in the month, and my cervix was very vacuous (bloody). I could not believe it! The pap smear a year and a half before that was absolutely clear, so this must have developed so quickly! Very heart-breaking, as it kind of messes up our plans.. I had an appointment scheduled for the 14th March. However, I had a really swollen abdomen and painful cramps all Thursday night, so on Friday called up the private BUPA medical insurance offered by the company i work for, to see if they cover this.. It turned out they do, and I had an appointment for that same day within half an hour... shocking, isn't it.. I have phobia from needles and medical instruments, so you can imagine how terrified I felt.. The pain was making me braver though.. i just wanted this over and done with to be honest. The doctor was very nice and calm and took her time to put me at ease, to explain the procedure, what they usually find, and when i am likely to hear back with my results. I then went to another office where I sat in the gyn chair, she sprayed my cervix with a diluted vinegary solution and iodine which i hardly felt, she said it was just one area, so she was surprised it had caused all that suffering, which was kind of reassuring that my body had been working behind the scenes to fight the HPV virus. She then applied 4 injections of local anaesthetic to the cervix (which was not nice at all, but not a bad experience either! as there are hardly any nerves in that area at all), cut out the abnormal cell area and took a biopsy, and also burned the area to stop bleeding. Then she applied a paste to stop any further bleeding, at the edge of a tampon which she said I should take out in 2 hours. I was OK to drive back to work, and worked for the rest of the day. I was told to refrain from sex for 3-4 weeks, which I will do.. and she said not to try to conceive for 6 months, which I will ignore to be honest. I feel confident that my body seems to be fighting any infection and abnormality, and I will also be able to rest as much as needed if I do get pg by any chance to prevent the cervix from giving way.. I am awaiting the results of the biopsy. This will tell me if they had taken out the whole abnormal area, and whether by any chance the condition had progressed which I doubt as I reacted very quickly...

So that's it really :)

Have you had your colposcopy yet?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back