severe nesting

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
Any one going through this. It started for me about 2 weeks ago and last night got quite severe. I was running around the house at 2am still cleaning. I forced myself to go to bed and lay there thinking about cleaning. Surely it is too early for this to be happening quite so severely? I have only just sat down today, for lunch, i have been at it since 8, and I have a toddler to look after too :shrug:

Sorry can't help you there but didn't want to R&R.
I wish I was nesting! Got lots of tidying to do but can't be bothered right now and I just want to sleep. Lol.

I find mine comes in waves. If I'm really too tired then off to bed I go but if I have an ounce of an energy it is usually spent cleaning my place, or car or thinking about organizing and cleaning my place.

Could you give me some of yours please? The house has beena tip for the last 2 weeks, I just can't be bothered!!

Oh yea, my worst was around 27-28 weeks, I just couldn't do enough to get ready for LO--I washed all her clothes, bought diapers, wipes, all the essentials, keep reorganizing her closet, etc. I had to stop myself in the wee hours of the morning too!

Im having bursts of it too. We just finished decorating at the weekend so my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and front room are all looking fabby. I just want to keep going round and wiping surfaces and hoovering, all very strange for me haha.
And the smell of cleaning products, omg I could sniff it all day. My favourite at the moment is Original Cif, smells immense.

Mine is coming and going in waves as well!! I decided to start washing all the baby clothes on Monday along with a few other bits and ended up doing 5 loads in one day.. :blush: and have only just finished organising them all into their respective baskets/drawers etc (which are all labelled.. Haha). :blush:

I've changed so much in the house since falling pregnant, and every now and then I'll go on a cleaning spree.. I REALLY want to re-organise the bits in the 2nd bedroom to accomodate yet another change in furniture, get some more washing done, and go and do a food shop, but I am physically too tired to do it.. But I can't stop thinking about it.. I'll get on it later ;)

I was just taking a short snack break from completely re-arranging the living/dining room when I read this thread!! :haha:... guess I have hit the extream nesting phase myself...

I wish I had the energy to clean, I am putting together a mental list of stuff my hubby needs to clean (lol) he is working away but should be back next week so he (we) can do some cleaning.

My mother is also coming 2 weeks before my due date and has agreed to do some of the intense cleaning. I told her I need to clean the shelves in my fridge and do the babin's washing and ironing - she is only too happy to help :) lucky me

I have this too! Yesterday I was at my midwife and she said it's a good sign that your body is getting ready for baby coming!

I seem to constantly have a cloth in my hand or picking fluff off the floor! :haha: It's driving my hubby mad!!

not just me then :D. to be honest I am starting to get a bit worried, tonight I have started having strong BH, that are radiating to my back, and when I pee (to much info - sorry) I have a very heavy feeling afterwards down below. Baby is moving lots though, I feel sick and starving all at the same time. :S

I have had it bad the last few weeks.

I have even redecorated the lounge and bedroom. The place is spotless and I have nothing left to clean.

I hope I get this, my house could do with a good clean but I seem to have been really tired recently!

I am 29 weeks so hopefully my nesting will kick in soon! I cleaned a few kitchen cupboards out a few weeks ago but it wasn't major just a bit of a move around.

I am too, it's great getting loads done! I think it happens earlier when youve got another small child because there's so much more that needs to be done, clothes/toys cleared out etc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->