Severe phobia

T

Tilly

Ok, get ready to laugh - I feel silly admitting this but im considering seeing a doctor for a severe phobia of spiders. Im not sure what they can do but I feel like im going crazy. Im a constant itchy, paranoid mess recently as they are quite a lot of spiders in my new house. Do you think they'll laugh at me? or can I be referred to a hypnotherapist or something do you reckon??

I've always had this phobia, but it's getting silly now and im feeling so on edge and snappy that people are starting to comment...:blush::blush:

No, they won't think you're silly. Its one of the most common phobias, and having a phobia is a medical condition where the brain over reacts to a stimulus. It's their job to help :hugs:

I know how you feel hun although mine is with birds I burst into tears at the zoo the other week because one got too close, I would say its prob worth going to see your doctor im sure sure what the NHS can provide though x

You might get referred for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Apparently people find it very helpful and it does work :) I seen an episode of Embarrassing Bodies and someone had a phobia of peeing in public (like an a urinal!) and he had CBT and was cured :D Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->