SEVERE tiredness and exhaustion. Is it really normal??

Snugggs

Reaction score
I'm nearly 7 weeks with #2. For the last week I've been suffering severe tiredness and exhaustion and it's getting worse!
My iron levels ect are normal, and I know tiredness is normal in first tri. But is it really normal for it to be this severe?

Not sure if I should be worrying or just sleeping through it! Mom keeps telling me it's twins, is that possible?

Thanks ladies, any advise welcome xx

Yes, sadly it is normal and to be exPected! I've read that it gets to it's worst around week 8. I am shattered.

i'm new to all this and i just woke up from a 30 minute nap i took on the floor of my office. it has become necessary for me to do it more frequently these days.

i am still tired after my nap and was just considering taking some sick days. today is a total loss because i am too tired to do shit!

i think it is normal for us my dear.

I hate it. I am fighting the urge to sleep at my desk at work. .________. I feel like a zombie! lol

with no1 I fell pregnant 9 weeks before my wedding, when I should have been doing wedding stuff after work in the evenings I was exhausted and cried on several occassions as I just couldnt keep my eyes open.

So far so good but if I remember I was about 6-7 weeks before it got the better of me.

Rest as much as you feel you need to, your gonna need it in 6 months :wacko: xx

I can not stay awake its agony ive got 2 kids. I havent done any housework or anything and when im not asleep i feel sick x

Very normal, slept more in the past couple weeks than I ever have.

I've read that twins can cause severe exhaustion, but it's just as variable as singletons (so you may or may not get those symptoms)

I'm only 5+1, and today I took at nap at work in my car for about 30 minutes, but I could've slept for a few hours! I am so, so sleepy all the time. I am hoping it doesn't get worse, b/c then I will be sleeping ALL day and ALL night, LOL:) Jk.

:hugs:

It's normal! It literally has just gotten (a little bit) better for me in the last 2 or 3 days. I don't feel like I need a nap the second I get home from work (or at lunch time like I had been doing) but am still going to bed around eight or nine. Last night I was up until 11 and up at 7 30, which was a huge deal after sleeping so much recently. I realize thats over 8 hours, but for someone used to only getting 5 or 6 who was needing eleven or more a day, that is a big difference. It does get better near the end of first tri!

I don't know if its normal, but I've had the same problem. I get so tired that I almost feel weak!! I don't like going to the grocery anymore because the store is so big that I'm totally wore out by the time I make it to the check out! I love this baby but I can't wait to feel better!!! I don't know how moms do it!

Adding my experience, right after my BFP at around 4w3 I had extreme exhaustion and lower back pain, when I went to the doc for blood work it showed that my progesterone was dangerously low. I got on supps and everything is fine so far. But the extreme exhaustion was to the point where I was falling asleep standing up. So if it is that bad please have your dr check the progesterone levels just to be safe.

Totally normal!!
Rest when you can, your body is telling you it needs your energy to grow your baby!

I'm going through the same thing now. I always heard about the exhaustion but up until a few days ago I hadn't experienced it. Now that I'm off work for the summer (I'm a teacher) I'm literally in bed most of the day. I get up to shower and eat, but then I'm so tired I have to go lay down again.

I'm approx 10 weeks and am tired a lot of the time. It is not helped by the fact we have a new puppy who is 9 weeks old today, and she wakes up early and is quite demanding! Guess it's good practice for my and hubby for when the baby arrives! I've taken 2 weeks off work as leave to get the pup settled in (what I'm calling 'puppernity leave' lol) so am napping whenever I can!!

I haven't been doing much since I got pregnant. I work from home but have been taking it very easy. When my OH was at work I was sitting around all day and taking 1.5 hour nap after lunch. Now my OH is home all the time, so I'm doing more, not usually napping at all but still doing a lot of resting, and just sleeping 8 hours at night. I can't do a lot without feeling really sick, so I don't push myself, but every day I feel more awake.

i am more tired with this one than i have ever been although it is starting to ease off now i am not so tired through the day but i am in bed between 9pm-10pm every night and i sleep right through *(unless i wake up for the toilet lol) I dont know why i am more tired this time although i am thinking that it is something to do with having the school run to do and 2 little ones who are 2 and 1 lol xx

It's all just starting to hit me too... If I'm not lying down I feel sick, and as soon as I lie down I fall asleep! I've been a very lazy day for me today. Luckily I was at my mums so she watched lo while I did veery little!

I am 8 weeks +4 with one and I'm shattered!!!! Sleep is my best friend at the mo! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->