Severe toothache (updated page 2 and 3)

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
I'm in SO much pain!

Is there anyway I can make it stop? It's Sunday and I have no idea!

It's that intense it's making me cry!

Gaaaaah :cry:

Oh hun :hugs: I had to get tramadol and take 3 days off work last year with a toothache!!

I take cocodomal quite a lot so it didn't touch the sides, but it might help if your not used to it. There's also paramol too which is codrydomol and paracetamol. Then take ibroprofen inbetween the paracetamol based ones.

Warm salt washes are meant to help draw any infection out if that's what it is.

The only other thing that helped me was to hold cold water on the tooth to numb the gums. It helped but the sec I drank it I had to put more in my mouth!! I drank about 4 litres in half a day!

NHS website should give details of emergency out of hours dentist services

I just took paracetamol, I had a severe pain in my bottom left wisdom tooth area over the weekend so bad it woke me from my sleep and I wanted to go a&e although I knew there wasn't much they could do, my jaw was swollen and I couldn't eat or swallow without being in pain, by Monday morning I quickly found a dentist and got an emergency appointment, I wasn't even registered with any dentist lol... Found out I had an infection.

I would take painkillers and warm salty washes, give the dentist a ring first thig tomorrow morning, hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Clove oil/clove powder/a whole clove. Put it on the gum where it hurts and leave it, I promise it helps with the pain. Husband thinks I'm insane when I tell him my old school herbal remedies, but when I forced a whole clove onto his gum when he was really suffering with a toothache he was amazed because it actually did work xx

Definitely clove oil works but not if pain is very severe. I take Difene for period pain so I've always got some in the house and its brilliant for toothache. Ring around your family/friends and see if they have any to tide you over till morning if your not allergic etc.
And definitely rinse with salt and water
You might have an abscess though by the sounds of it so I definitely suggest going the Dentist asap.

Strong mouthwash usually numbs for abit chick, especially the cheap ones with a lot of alcohol.
:hugs:
Ibuprofen is brilliant for toothache for me and I have extensive tooth problems x

Be careful putting ANYTHING on your gums, can be very damaging.

Had the problem tooth removed today, big gaping hole but no more ouchy! :thumbup: xxx

There's nothing like getting rid of toothache is there!!! I have some kind of pain in my face that no one can get to the bottom of, it's doing my head in!!!

Aww hun! Watch your bleeding can get quite a lot with a tooth removal! :hugs:

I had 2 problem teeth removed in November and the relief is amazing. Plenty of salt rinses and stick to fluids. I list half a stone as a bonus thanks to living on soup and tea lol

There's nothing like getting rid of toothache is there!!! I have some kind of pain in my face that no one can get to the bottom of, it's doing my head in!!!

Oh no! Hope they can find it soon! xxx

Aww hun! Watch your bleeding can get quite a lot with a tooth removal! :hugs:

It bled for ages yesterday! It's such a strange feeling :lol: xxx

I had 2 problem teeth removed in November and the relief is amazing. Plenty of salt rinses and stick to fluids. I list half a stone as a bonus thanks to living on soup and tea lol

How long does it take to heal?! I'm terrified of getting dry socket and I only managed to tickle my teeth with my tooth brush :haha:

Will do salt rinse tonight! xxx

How long does it take to heal?! I'm terrified of getting dry socket and I only managed to tickle my teeth with my tooth brush :haha:

It took about a week before I was able to eat 'solids' again - but I had 2 wisdom teeth out and one was pretty badly stuck so the gum was damaged.

I did salt rinses 3 times a day, and within a couple of days was able to brush my teeth properly. I was told not to brush for 48 hours (again maybe because of the damage).

Within 2 weeks I'd forgotten I had it done which is amazing feeling!

Don't swish/spit until after 48 to 72 hours or it can disturb the clot.

It took about a week before I was able to eat 'solids' again - but I had 2 wisdom teeth out and one was pretty badly stuck so the gum was damaged.

I did salt rinses 3 times a day, and within a couple of days was able to brush my teeth properly. I was told not to brush for 48 hours (again maybe because of the damage).

Within 2 weeks I'd forgotten I had it done which is amazing feeling!

Do you just hold the salt rinse in your mouth? I'm scared of dislodging the clot! It does say on the paper she gave me though.

If I brushed mine properly now the toothpaste would get on the clot and it scares me :lol: mouth tastes minging though.

Sorry about all the questions!! xxx

Don't swish/spit until after 48 to 72 hours or it can disturb the clot.

I won't :thumbup:

Will it be a bit better after 2/3 days? xxx

3 days seems to be the magic mark, we dont see many dry sockets after that and most of the pain should be over. You'll be sore quite a while, but the brunt of it should have eased :flower:

3 days seems to be the magic mark, we dont see many dry sockets after that and most of the pain should be over. You'll be sore quite a while, but the brunt of it should have eased :flower:

I'm just hoping I can eat by next Friday/Saturday (friends birthday meals!) :haha: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->