Severe toothache (updated page 2 and 3)

You should be fine by then. :thumbup:

Yep just salt in water and swill it round your mouth. I was told to do it as often as I wanted as it helps with the healing but it tastes foul! lol :blush:

I'm not sure if it's meant to look how it does :( xxx

Don't look! It's essentially a wound that needs to heal so it's not going to look pretty. Just give it time and try not to fiddle with it (hard I know). First thing should be the swelling going down too, if it's still swollen it will look ghastly! :hugs:

Don't look! It's essentially a wound that needs to heal so it's not going to look pretty. Just give it time and try not to fiddle with it (hard I know). First thing should be the swelling going down too, if it's still swollen it will look ghastly! :hugs:

There's weird white stuff on the bloody bit and there's less there than yesterday, I'm basically scaring myself silly :lol: I rang my mum and bawled, she hung up! xxx

White is actually very normal healing tissue. Its going to look pretty gnarly for a while. Sounds like you are right on track, hang in there!

Coming back to this thread, I've been worrying myself silly :dohh:

Is it meant to look like this? Is it infected? Aaaah!

(Picture is pretty grim)

https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/vcbjjhdfggggggg/Mobile%20Uploads/2C1D3844-23D8-4581-BC66-794CF110AAB8_zpsixtorrwo.png

Yup. Perfectly normal.

You've been really great, thank you SO much!

How long do you reckon it will take to be semi-normal again (I.e. not have to eat on one side of my mouth with my head tilted rushing to look every 3 seconds :lol:)

About a week you should be fairly functional, maybe two. It will be a healing process. Will take about 3 months to fully fill in.

About a week you should be fairly functional, maybe two. It will be a healing process. Will take about 3 months to fully fill in.

It's a week on Monday! :happydance:

I see my dentist on Thursday so hopefully she'll be able to give me some advice :thumbup:

Does it look like that until it heals? Or will it change then get normal gum growing over it? xxx

The white eventually dissipates, the black old blood goes away, it'll start to fill in, etc.

Panic stations...

I know I shouldn't look but, is there something wrong with it? The white bits disappeared! :(

https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/vcbjjhdfggggggg/Mobile%20Uploads/64140524-6D5C-4039-920D-EBEBB9D16386_zpsj1dksgkt.png

Sorry for being such a worry wart! xxx

Ive had really severe tooth/mouth pain for four weeks now (waiting to have a tooth out) and im taking cocodomal and ibrophen and acupan (prescribed).
Its still awful and constantly wakes me up so i definitely sympathise!

Oh hun! :hugs:

Hope it comes out soon! Nightmare isn't it xxx

Im having it out tuesday it cannot come quick enough! On the plus have lost weight from npt being able to eat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->