Sewing your own nappies

Kit

Reaction score
I am sure there have been threads about this before so apologies if I am repeating this request.
We are not in cloth nappies, despite a set of Lollipop bamboo reusables being the first thing we bought. I have a very skinny baby and he wasn't comfortable in them to start with as they were bulky enough to make it awkward for him to lie on his back. I tried him in them again recently and he went on as though I was trying to kill him! I can't possibly imagine that I am going to be able to persuade OH to let me buy a whole load of different ones so I wondered about making some. I have seen various links which seem to suggest they are pretty quick and easy to make - I am a fairly advanced sewer. I have found lots of links to pocket nappy patterns but I want to make all-in-ones and can't find many patterns at all. Has anyone made any? How successful were they? And any links to patterns?

Princessellie has - I'm sure she can point you in the right direction.

Have you thought about selling your bamboo ones? You would probably not lose out on much money that way, nappies have a good resale value. :)

i have seen a AIO pattern somewhere i am convinced, will have a look for you hun - also as Kirsten said Princessellie has so i'm sure when she comes online she will help!!

xxxx

you can turn any pocket nappy pattern into an aio pattern, just sew up the pocket hole :thumbup:

x

Thank you all - I did wonder about just using the pocket pattern but I wasnt sure if I was missing something!

no no, i have done it a few times, hang on, i will find a good tutorial that i started making my nappies off, it is for a fitted nappy but add a layer of pul and you have an aio

give me a few mins and i'll PM you

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"