Sex after birth?

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
When did you have sex after labour?

I stopped bleeding a few days ago and wanted to have sex so we gave it a go (just over 2 weeks after labour) it didn't hurt but I did bleed a little! Now I'm worried that I did it too early?!!!!

X

You will hear lots of different stories. Some wait 6 weeks (as advised), some do it when they feel ready and others wait even longer. As long as you felt comfortable and it didn't hurt then there shouldn't be a problem (as long as you used contraception ;)).

I had a c-section and had sex around 6 weeks after. Not because i was waiting or anything, I just didn't feel like having it before then and I was in quite a bit of pain from the surgery for a while.

As for the bleeding, I wouldn't worry about it. You ever had sex just after your period has stopped? ... You can get bleeding then.

Obviously if you are at all concerned, speak to your doctor x

i was told 4 weeks so the uterus and everything can heal... but I've heard different times from everyone

Doctor told me he wants to see me at 6weeks before I even get exercise, and he said to me NO SEX about 10 times at my last appointment. He made me feel like I'm a pervert who can't hold it lol.
Anyway, really depend on stitches, if you had any. If you didn't get any tears you can be good to go, but if you did get tears and stitches you are risking an infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->