• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sex after miscarriage?

AlaskanWife

Reaction score
I read in a few places online to wait until your bleeding stops / wait 2-3 weeks before having sex again (not TTC). When I asked my midwife, she told me just 1 week was fine.

It has been 8 days since I passed everything. I've had almost no bleeding in the last 2 days, just a little bit of spotting. I checked my cervix this afternoon for the first time since the miscarriage and it felt medium-height and almost closed.

What do you think? I really want the comfort of intimacy with DH tonight. Do you think we're clear?

Sorry for your loss AlaskanWife. DH and I have had two recent losses and each time the Dr. told us we could have sex as soon as the bleeding stopped. I know the wait is rough, I am so sorry you are going through this.

If your cervix is closed, I see no reason you can't have sex. As long as it is not open there is no risk of infection. People get pregnant right away all the time and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Sorry to hear of your loss btw. Sending you lots of :hugs2: and good luck for whatever the future brings you!

Sorry for your loss. I'm craving the intimacy too, but I'm scared of getting an infection. My MC started monday night, passed everything tuesday night... From what I read it's when you're done bleeding. I'm still spotting a lot when I wipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->