Sex after MMC/D&C?

mummy_blues

Us n our identical BOYS!
Reaction score
how long after a mmc or D&C did you all refrain from BD-ing??
I had a d&c on wednesday evening 7 days ago and i only spotted pink blood on the night after the d&c. after that, no more spotting or bleeding nor any pains nor cramps.
so we BD-ed last night, twice, like 6 days after the d&c. doctor said we should refrain from sex after the d&c, think 6 days is too early?
am i at risk of an infection?
we used condoms cause its more hygienic and I don't want to get pregnant again so fast... want to allow my lining to heal and thicken up.
any one BD-ed a few days after their D&C or mc and was it ok??

I had a natural mmc, I bled for 2 weeks then we bd'd practically as soon as I stopped bleeding...maybe a day or two later. Everything's been fine :flower:

We hadn't bd'd for like - over 10 weeks due to my pregnancy and then mc!

10 weeks without sex!!!
OMG!! I doubt i can live without it that long :nope:
but thanks for your reply, i feel fine, dun feel anything when I go to the toilet, so hopefully it was ok.

well i was advised not to have sex until after the first AF. Just as well as i was in absolutely no mood for sex for a couple of months anyway.

Hi, actually i think the doctors meant not to have sex until the cervix closes? thing is, no idea when mine closes, I have my first post-d&c exam on friday, so maybe I will ask again and see what happens.... i kinda have a huge appetite for sex at the moment for some reason, and we are not even ttc...

We had sex about 10 days a weeks after i had a natural miscarriage, used a condom and i was fine. I think the whole thing is because you are at increased risk of infection from the sperm entering the uterus. But you used a condom so you should be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->