• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sex at 7 week postpartum

jessmke

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks postpartum and last night hubby and I attempted sex for the first time since the birth. I had a very complicated second degree tear (took them over an hour to stitch me up) but it has healed completely and I had no complications with the tear after the birth. My doc gave me the go ahead to have sex at my 6 week appointment. Well I have to say sex was simply not possible, it felt as though my vagina wasn't big enough and it was very painful when hubby tried to enter me. We did lost of foreplay, I had an orgasm before he attempted to enter me, and we went slow and used tons of lube, but I just felt like my vagina was way too small and it was very painful. Needless to say we abandoned the attempt. Is this normal? How do we get past this? Do I just have to grin and bear it so he can 'stretch' me out? Sorry for the gory details but I am just so tired of all of this, I just want my body to be my body again!

Had this problem as well, but I didn't tear. It took a while for sex to be comfortable again for me but after a few weeks it was alright. I think I wasn't fully comfortable for the next month, month and a half I wanna say.

But it's totally normal! As for what to do is totally up to you, it just might take a while to get used to everything again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->