Sex drive whilst on the pill ?

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
Did anyone else find that theirs dwindled when they took the pill ?

I've heard it comes back when you come off. I'm worried as mines non-existant at the mo, how the hell are we ever going to concieve at this rate. I should point out that after the initial first flush or romance, we've never really been a highly sexed couple.

I've had a variety of experience - initally when I went on the pill I had no interest in sex.....the same with my second waste of space....then I met my boy and it had been constantly great and the penny dropped that it wasn't my pill that killed my sex drive but the two twats I had wasted my time with!!!

Of course I am not saying that this is the case for you at all, obviously it is not, but it is my sorry experience - no matter what brand I tried (and there were a few) I just wasn't interested but with my boy, nothing puts a dampner on it. Since coming off there has been no difference either.

I think if you have never really been highly sexed I wouldn't worry about it hun. One of my best friends has a wonderful little girl but her and her husband do it about 6 times a year as they aren't really highly sexed either. Have you thought of trying a different brand as I knwo this affected some of my friends too :hugs:

xxx

I've had a variety of experience - initally when I went on the pill I had no interest in sex.....the same with my second waste of space....then I met my boy and it had been constantly great and the penny dropped that it wasn't my pill that killed my sex drive but the two twats I had wasted my time with!!!

Of course I am not saying that this is the case for you at all, obviously it is not, but it is my sorry experience - no matter what brand I tried (and there were a few) I just wasn't interested but with my boy, nothing puts a dampner on it. Since coming off there has been no difference either.

I think if you have never really been highly sexed I wouldn't worry about it hun. One of my best friends has a wonderful little girl but her and her husband do it about 6 times a year as they aren't really highly sexed either. Have you thought of trying a different brand as I knwo this affected some of my friends too :hugs:

xxx

Yep, I've been on about 3 different brands in the 14 yrs I've been on it, no difference at all. I've come off it now in readiness to TTC in Dec 09 and hopefully get my periods into a regular cycle.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband to bits, but the times I want sex he doesn't and vice versa! :D Sods law I guess.

Yep, one of lifes little bug bears!!!

I am sure it will all be fine sweetheart and you will be wishing the :witch: away in no time!! :hugs:

xxx

Hi Hobnob! I know exactly what you mean. I don't think you need to worry, I was on the pill for 10 years and the reason for coming off it in the end was that I had no sex drive left at all. I went to my gyno and she said that it's quite common. That was about 2 years ago. I feel better in that way since I've stopped taking it. But now hubby is so stressed at work that there's not much action anyway! I was only saying last night to him when we talking about having kids, that there is one essential thing that you must do to have them...! Anyway hope things pick up by next year when we ttc!

Hi Hobnob! I know exactly what you mean. I don't think you need to worry, I was on the pill for 10 years and the reason for coming off it in the end was that I had no sex drive left at all. I went to my gyno and she said that it's quite common. That was about 2 years ago. I feel better in that way since I've stopped taking it. But now hubby is so stressed at work that there's not much action anyway! I was only saying last night to him when we talking about having kids, that there is one essential thing that you must do to have them...! Anyway hope things pick up by next year when we ttc!

:rofl:We joke about this too!

Thanks for replying, nice to know others are in the same boat so to speak :)

The pill really put a dampner on my sex drive. I rarely wanted it and could have happily gone without. Its alot better this month since I came off the pill.

At least hubby and I we have a laugh about it, and say that this should happen after you've been married 20 years, not 2 months like us!:rofl:

The pill really put a dampner on my sex drive. I rarely wanted it and could have happily gone without. Its alot better this month since I came off the pill.

Yay! That's just what I wanted to hear, thank you! I hope the same can be said of me too.

At least hubby and I we have a laugh about it, and say that this should happen after you've been married 20 years, not 2 months like us!:rofl:

Yeah, us too, luckily we can also laugh about it. Our relationship has never just been based on sex, good job too! :D

I never noticed that it had gone down untill i came off it!! I could have sex once a week and now i need it more like once a day.

I never noticed that it had gone down untill i came off it!! I could have sex once a week and now i need it more like once a day.

:rofl:Hubs will think all his Christmas' and birthdays have come at once if this happens to me!

How soon after you came off did you start feeling the need, if you don't mind me asking such a personal question ? :D

I've been off 2 weeks today.

i actually think i want sex more whilst being on the pill!
i cant really say for sure, but i think im just as horny now as i was before i got on the pill.
I always want sex..OH is another story though LOL. i think i tire him out haha.

I hadn't really thought about it until reading this read. But since coming off the pill about 6 weeks ago, my sex drive has definitly increased. I've actually started initiating it. Which is unlike me.

I was on the pill from 19 and came off in feb (i'm 33 now) and i can't beleive the difference in my sex drive! Ironic how being on the pill kills your sex drive! I was on femodene and noticed a difference after my first real period.

This is the reason I came off the pill. It makes me not even want to be touched. I tried two different brands and they both did the same. My relationship definitely suffered because OH didnt believe me it was the pill he thought I didnt fancy him.

Im a bit stuck for contraception at the min, I dont want the injection because it completely stopped my periods for about a year after I came off it. I think I might try the coil, but im scared of getting it put in.

My sex drive was low on the pill, I went off when I was pregnant though and it was up and down during pregnancy, lol.. now after the baby it's WAY way up.. :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->