sex in 1st/2nd and 3rd tri query

honey08

mum2two boys/2mc
Reaction score
hiya ladies, ive been thinking of this for a long time,
sex in 1st....we havent had any,purley cos OH is scared of causing a mc, i know it doesnt cause mc,but then if anything happened after he wud blame his self, last time we didnt either,and i mmc :cry:

but i was wondering, in 3rd tri, if overdue ur told to have sex as the sperm weakens ur waters etc so u go in2 labour ..... BUT has anyone thought, if having sex in 2nd tri, why wudnt the sperm do the same ? causing preminture births? this is really getting to me, and its playing on my mind, dyknow wot i mean? if sperm causes you2go into labour in the 3rd tri, why wudnt it cause this in the 2nd tri ? :(

:hugs:

I've had sex in all 3. it's more difficult in 3rd b/c of the size of your tummy but it doesnt hurt or anything. I'll be having lots soon to get baby out hopefully :) Sex only helps get baby out when baby is ready.

Blah is right ^^^

Sex will only help start labour off if your body is ready.......I mean, I have 8 days to go, and we have had sex several times this last week or so, and it hasn't done anything.........so unless your body is ready, the sperm won't have any effect on starting labour.

Actualy sounds like sex dosnt work at all if i am right :( I didnt really have sex all the way through this through loss of sex drive and a fanny that practically has trap doors in it and will not let me enjoy it :( But i did have some in forst and second tri and done no harm. I am trying it more for the labour myth but i have no idea if it works.

We did it in first, second and beginning of third tri, but have been told by mw to stop due to problems in the pregnancy.

awww right so sperm defo doesnt cause early labour then ? its a scary thought i was thinkin bout it other day, but all u ladies have put my mind at rest :hugs:

Honey for the sperm to weaken ur waters it has to get past ur cervix, and until ur body is ready to go into labour ur cervix is firmly tight shut and nothing will get past.

Try not to worry now hun! x

awww right !! just thought this cud b a cause uknow, told OH "when" we have sex hes wearing a condom !!! :lol:

Yeah, the sperm can't get past your mucus plug.

We didn't have sex in first tri because I just didn't feel like it, but we've had some of the best sex of our nine year relationship in second tri and continuing now in 3rd :happydance:

yeah, ditto what everyone else said. If it brought it on early, peanut would be here by now, I've been at it since day one, lol.

hiya ladies, ive been thinking of this for a long time,
sex in 1st....we havent had any,purley cos OH is scared of causing a mc, i know it doesnt cause mc,but then if anything happened after he wud blame his self, last time we didnt either,and i mmc :cry:

but i was wondering, in 3rd tri, if overdue ur told to have sex as the sperm weakens ur waters etc so u go in2 labour ..... BUT has anyone thought, if having sex in 2nd tri, why wudnt the sperm do the same ? causing preminture births? this is really getting to me, and its playing on my mind, dyknow wot i mean? if sperm causes you2go into labour in the 3rd tri, why wudnt it cause this in the 2nd tri ? :(

:hugs:

The sperm is actually what really helps you go into labor in third trimester. Plus, it does not always work.

How did I find this one out... well... pig sperm is what they induced me with! gross huh!

I guess have OH wrap the willy if you are worried about :spermy:

so dy defo think sperm doesnt cause early labour ? for some ?!? such a scary thought, i defo dont want to go till july without sex !! sure OH dont either !! lol
thanks girls x

massacubano
yes this is wot i mean...if it helps u go in2 labour in 3rd tri...why not the 2nd tri :?

so dy defo think sperm doesnt cause early labour ? for some ?!? such a scary thought, i defo dont want to go till july without sex !! sure OH dont either !! lol
thanks girls x

massacubano
yes this is wot i mean...if it helps u go in2 labour in 3rd tri...why not the 2nd tri :?

The semen does help ripen the cervix. But, to be honest I had sex with all my kids up until I was ready to pop! my daughter was 11 days late and even my poor OH could not manage to get her out.

So, if it is the semen like I said a condom is a good way to avoid contact with it, and you can still enjoy sex now and then.

I would talk to midwive or Doctor if it really concerns you. I am sure they have good advice on the topic, and they know your pregnancy better than me.
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

interesting thread and i would defo like to know the factualness of it all as i am scared to atm :(

I've had sex throughout ~ 1st trimester was fantastic but it's gradually getting less and less appealing to me :( I feel awful about how I look now and find it hard to umm participate fully I guess LOL as my back is always aching and stuff. But my pregnancy has been 100% healthy and normal.. minus a bit more weight gain than I would have liked, which I don't think has anything to do with sex, in fact, maybe I should have MORE sex to get my physical activity in..

well jai-jai, our sex lifes has just been zlich since i got :bfp: and we were both scared,cos of previous mmc, but now weve had 2scans and all is ok with baby ... i wudnt mind a bit !! lol
but this defo makes me wonder, wot if some ladies mucus is thinner,and sperm causes u to go in2 premature labour :shock: this is wot ive been thinking uknow :?
think when/if we ever have sex in this pregnancy (thats how it feels at the mo!) think PH be wearing a condom !

tasha41
thats defo reassuring hun !!! xx

It's not to do with mucus.

If you are having a healthy normal pregnancy, then you can't bring on labour from having regular sex. Your baby is protected by your mucus plug, and your cervix. There is no way for the sperm to penetrate both and get into the amniotic fluid. The reason why sperm can help bring on labour in the third tri is that is when the body is ready for labour. Often, the mucus plug has started to, or has totally come away and the cervix has started to open (dilating and effacing) so due to there being no protection the postaglandins can get to work.

So your OHs sperm won't be able to get past your mucus plug and closed cervix. :)

Thanks rafwife, you put it much better than I could.

My sex drive really improved with pregnancy, I used to feel lumpy and horrid, but now I feel really good about my body! I wish I could pass on my attitude to women who feel differently.

I didnt really have sex all the way through this through loss of sex drive and a fanny that practically has trap doors in it and will not let me enjoy it :(

:rofl:
sorry for laughing but i was trying to think of a less graphic way to say the same thing....
thanks dragonfly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->