Sex/Orgasm & Mastubation during early pregnancy?

It depends.

In my case, I have O-, which means any vaginal bleeding needs an anti-d injection, and having a tender cervix, means even masterbation is out, e.g. we haven't had sex since the positive test (mainly because felt terrible, nausea, etc.), but wk 14, had some cervical bleeding after a little fun (orgasm) and had to go to hospital for injection (in the bum), so as much as I love my dh, not for me.

I think if you have a history of m/c (I had one two years ago), it's better to wait; in my case, the cervical bleeding won't hurt the baby, but my bum was sore for two days afterwards, so, sadly....no fun for me at all!

best wishes

If you aren't high risk or prone to miscarriage, sex and orgasms are OK. I have read a lot about it due to my own fears (a contracting uterus doesn't *seem* like it should be good for baby), but have been totally reassured now and have enjoyed our sex life while pregnant. You know those feel good hormones that are released and help you relax after you've had the big "O"? Well research suggest those same amazing relaxing hormones released are also transferred to the baby, allowing him/her to feel relaxed too!

Bang away, my friend!

Lmaoo bang away! This made me giggle whilst drinking tea. now its all over me. haa

Me & OH do it about every other day, the first time we did after I got my :bfp:, he hit my cervix really hard and it almost made me scream. No bleeding, no cramping afterwards, it just really hurt for a second. I kept an eye on it and tested again a few days later and the line was MUCH darker, so it's still there. :] I also have continued to have symptoms and haven't had any bleeding at all. We still do it now and I hope we don't have to, or he won't want to stop, anytime soon!

From what I've heard sex is even "good" when you're pregnant - as in healthy for the baby. Gives him/her a rush of happy hormones. Of course some pregnancies are different and you cannot have sex but that's usually pointed out right away by your doctor.

Since about week 8 I have had absolutely NOOOOOO interest in sex. In fact I'm a bit repulsed by the idea. We tried the other day and I was just - ugh - basically I felt like I was tolerating it - which is really horrible! It's never like that so I guess it's just hormones. HOpefully that changes soon because I feel rather bad that I'm feeling that way about it. It's not that I'm worried about baby or anything with it, I just personally am not interested at all.

It's a little funny because the few weeks before I realized I was pregnant I was extremely ehhh - "into it" so I don't know what's going on. My body is just crazy when it's pregnant!

In my last pregnancy i had sex constantly. Way more than when not and that didn't cause any issues. But, last month while ttc I was 2 days late and was having lots of preg symptoms. On the 3rd morning I had an orgasm that caused bad cramping afterwards and started my full period that afternoon. I think it may have been connected. So this month I'm going to try and avoid it for at least the first 6-8 weeks. Darn hormones though!

It's safe unless your doctor says otherwise. So, enjoy! :)

It is even safe if you have a history of miscarriage, depending on the cause of your miscarriage. Most miscarriages (almost all) are caused by chromosomal abnormalities, so having sex will not make any difference. The other miscarriages are mainly caused by a condition in the mothers hormones/blood. This is especially true of early miscarriages.
The only women should worry about sex causing a miscarriage is those with a condition relating to a weakened cervix, or other problems with the physiology of their reproductive organs.
I have had two miscarriages and had sex throughout both pregnancies. The doctor has told me this is fine as my cervix etc is normal.

I think for majority its fine. For me its a big no because I had a MC at 6 weeks and the cramping started straight after we DTD. I remember trying to go to sleep and couldnt because it was so bad. I started bleeding next day.

Sex is completely different than having an orgasm without sex. During sex the cervix may be bumped and could cause bleeding or in my case one f my babies placentas is covering the cervix right now and the dr has strictly instructed me to not have Alex as the force hitting the cervix could rupture the placenta. Having an orgasm without sex does not have any force or risk of things hitting other things. This pregnancy I've embarrassingly had many nights of orgasms in my sleep - and no harm lol.

its a big no no for us, but fingers crossed it will all be worth it x

Rough sex with extremely deep penetration wouldn't be good just good old gentle gentle sex is fine aslong as you have no problems or bleeding xx

I had sex (I didn't come) this afternoon and there are tiny pin pricks of blood when I wiped. They're tiny but red blood and I haven't had any bleeding so far. I'm 4 weeks today and AF was due yesterday :(

I had a MC in may, however with this LO I continued to have sex through first tri and now into second tri several times a week and baby is perfectly healthy.

I do want to point out that sometimes blood does come from other places. Not to TMI you gals, but my DH is well...er...bigger. so at times when we dtd he stretches the outer skin of my parts and I get a couple drops of blood. None of it's from baby or even inside me....

Even after my MC doctor reassured me sex is good and won't hurt. And lets just say. Amazing :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->