Sex PP?

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
How long did you wait?

I am 10 days PP and a total horndog :blush:
Tearing was minimal and feels healed,

should I wait or go for it?

I waited the full recommended 6 weeks. There is an increased risk of infection as you have an open wound where the placenta was attached. If my husband wasn't concerned about possible infection I would have done it at 4 weeks. I feel 10 days would be a bit soon.

My doctor advised me that if there was no tearing, sex could happen whenever I felt ready. I ended up getting a complicated 2nd degree tear, so she told me to wait 6 weeks to make sure the stitches were well healed. We tried at 7 weeks PP and it was extremely painful. Sorry for the TMI, but he never actually managed to penetrate because it was just too painful. Be prepared to be extremely dry down there so use lots of lube and go slow. We still haven't had sex at 3 months PP because I hurt my back quite badly about a month ago and sex would be too painful on my back. And to be honest, I am a little nervous to try again.

Wait...you had baby Zodi?? I need to stalk your journal & updated posts now!!
Congrats and I'd wait the recommended 6 weeks I think, unless your doctor says it's ok beforehand

They cut me and I had sex 2 1/2 weeks pp. Was sore but we went slow.

We waited 7 weeks. For the initial 4/5 weeks there was no way I was letting DH near me! After that, I got infected stitches so had to wait until they healed. After that I took my first period. DH was pretty on edge by the time we got round to it :haha: it felt absolutely fine though.
I'd say, whenever you feel healed and ready then go for it.

If you feel ready then there's no harm in trying, I would recommend lubricant as things can be a bit dry after labour and it should make it easier. After ds we waited around 7/8 weeks because my stitches were still sore.

We started back up 4 weeks postpartum with our first (I had a slight tear but healed by then), no tearing wirh our second or third and we dtd 2 weeks postpartum with our second and 3 1/2 with this baby. I wait until I'm done bleeding, and we use condoms and definitely lube :) I'd say If all seems healed and you are comfortable with it, go for it. Slowly at first and wirh lube is my advice :)

I didn't listen and had sex at 4 weeks pp last pregnancy and i had a csection so my vag was in perfect shape! Well I got an infection. A bad one. Dr was pissed that I didn't listen. Cervix still open and body is healing. 10 days is crazy. Wait at least a month. At least!

I waited until pp bleeding stopped but i tore badly with my 1st so didn't get back into it until 8 weeks pp with DS1 with DS2 was 6 weeks when pp bleeding stopped and 4 weeks after DS3. I didn't tear with them so was good, if you have a vibrator you could just use it externally :blush:

I had an episiotomy and did at 3 weeks PP, it was hell on earth, absolutely awful! With my second it was a whole 17 weeks... :rofl:

I didn't listen and had sex at 4 weeks pp last pregnancy and i had a csection so my vag was in perfect shape! Well I got an infection. A bad one. Dr was pissed that I didn't listen. Cervix still open and body is healing. 10 days is crazy. Wait at least a month. At least!

Oops we ended up DTD anyway :blush: it went ok I was just more sensitive where I had very superficially torn

Oops we ended up DTD anyway :blush: it went ok I was just more sensitive where I had very superficially torn

I cannot believe you managed to do this at 10 days PP! We just finally DTD at 16 weeks PP and it was still very uncomfortable! I am going to need a few days recovery. Pretty sure the doc sewed me up a little smaller than I was before baby!

I am still bleeding very heavily 12 weeks PP so nothing going on here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->