Sex still hurts??

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
Which seems odd because I had a emergency c section, labour never established, no broken waters, no contractions etc.

So why?

Same here...I was a c-section with both my kid's and it hurt like heck after we finally did it. Maybe it's cus we're still sore from the surgery? It does take 3 months before you're really healed.

Your uterus still was very much enlarged
I wasnt fully back to normal until around 11 weeks have you made an appt with the doctor?

Still hurts for me, too. I had a c-section, but dilated to 9-10cm before the surgery got started. It has to get better eventually, right?

I'm 14 weeks pp all I can think is it feels like pressure like everything's shifted around lol like the weight of baby pushed everything down and I feel "smaller" I guess it could come down to the fact we don't get to do it very often
Anymore though

Are you breastfeeding? and/or have your cycles returned yet?

because of the hormonal fluctations PP, it can dry things up down there. I had pain during sex for at least 9 months PP and even now i still have it. (14 months PP, but it has improved a little)

here are some of the reasons why i have it (and also some good reasons why other ladies PP get it, even with a c-section)

1.) i had a vaginal delivery with a 1st degree labial tear. Which wasn't too horrible. it healed better than the peri urethral tear i had with DS1. the issue with that was the location. so friction during :sex: made it hurt. I know this would not apply to you, but worth mentioning in case someone else is looking for answers.

2.) Once the tear fully healed i still had pain. OB told me bc i was BFing (or for others who dont have cycles for whatever reason), a lot of time you lack the natural lubrication and she told me to try some lube. I tried a bunch without help and i asked her later what she would recommend and she said Astro Glide. It really did help ALOT.

3.) Pelvic Organ Prolapse. I have 2nd degree uterine and rectal prolapse and 2nd to 3rd degree bladder prolapse. So essentially everything is callopsing into my vagina and so its just extra squished and TMI but if you add a hotdog in there it just gets pain between the extra stuff (and of course when there wasn't lube being used). (even women who give birth via c=section can experience prolapse and in a way that sort of sounds like it could be part of the issue. (though im no doctor so i cant just say that but just based on what you said). Prolapse can improve over time. It may take longer to improve if you are BFing (again, bc of the hormones). Sometimes though it doesn't improve enough. They say wait until you are at least 6 months PP before getting checked for prolpase. If not you can get a pessary fitted. I have one and it helps greatly at reducing pain during sex (and in my day to day life)

4.) endometriosis that progressed onto my cervix and vagina. OUCH! there isn't much to fix that.

i would highly suggest talking to your OBGYN about it. I know it may feel embarassing, but i lived in pain in my day to day life and in pain during sex bc i was too embarassed to ask. I finally did and thats when i found out that i had all of these issues. Plus she was able to offer advice and that helped improve my sex life.

"sex should be fun", she says! and she wanted to get it back to that.

I was mix feeding but only bfing 2x a day which I didn't think was enough to do anything but we stopped a week ago (after bub was sick he developed a strong bottle preference)
And my period hasn't come back, I have pcos and never got a period before having bub anyway, I'm hoping losing some weight will
Bring it on but only time will tell
When Jace has his next needles I plan on asking for a Pap smear anyway cos ill near be due

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->