Sex with a sub chronic hemorrhage.

KimmieHawkins

Reaction score
So last Tuesday I was bleeding clots and informed that I have a subchronic hemorrhage when the placenta and uterus attach. ER Doctor said no sex, tampons etc and took me out of wrk 3 days.

For those that experienced this does that mean no sex for the rest of the pregnancy or just the few days he took me out of wrk? I'm horny but deff not gonna risk our baby plum.

I was told no sex until the subchorionic hematoma resolved. It can take weeks for it to resolve... I feel like most people had it resolve by the 2nd trimester.
I unfortunately lost the pregnancy where I had the SCH (for reasons completely unrelated) so I can't give you my personal experience. I think that the length of time it takes to heal is somewhat dependent on how big the SCH is. Sending you wishes for quick healing!

If pelvic rest is advised, it's until the SCH resolves. They generally resolve by the end of the first trimester. If you're passing clots, that might be a good sign that it's breaking up and coming out which might mean it's going to resolve faster.

Sometimes doctors advise pelvic rest because DTD can make the appearance of bleeding worse, which is upsetting to see even though it's not actually effecting the SCH. If you got three days off work, for sure take it easy! But, on your next follow up you can ask them to take you off restrictions, because it might be that you don't need them very long. Who knows, by the time you get to your next appointment, the SCH might already be resolved :)

When I had an SCH I found this article very reassuring: https://www.obgynnews.com/home/arti...ematoma/a0ee81fab6bef4e34d68d815eadc9cda.html Apparently, it's one of those unexplained things that happen, but it doesn't increase any risks :hugs:

Ohhhhh!!! Yea I'm almost to my second tri. I'll wait until I get my follow up with my ob

Even when I was spotting (not a sch) my doctor put me on pelvic rest and advised no sex until 48 hours after bleeding stops. I would think they mean no sex until bleeding is gone but definitely check with the doc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->