Sex....

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
So I had a c section 9.5 weeks ago. When hubby and I did it the other night it hurt! Burned! Help! We did it with lubed condoms

Was this the first time since?

I had an emcs and the first time afterwards was a little sore but it has been fine since then. Sorry I can't offer better advice than getting back on the horse and riding it ;)

Are you breastfeeding? If so, it can make the dryness that happens after having a baby worse... Your body basically can act like it is going into menopause because of the hormonal changes. I ended up going to my doctor because even just putting lube on burned and they gave me samples of estrogen cream (Estrace). It was safe for breastfeeding and made a HUGE difference.

I remember with my first section it being painful when we had sex, no because I was dry though but I felt bruised inside kind of feeling, it took quite a few times for me and it gradually eased off and actually at one point the pain was quite pleasurable lol and then back to normal but I do remember it was quite a few times before it was normal again, I asked doctor and they told me that my cervix would be painful because of all the pulling about they do with your uterus etc during the section. I had my second section 4 weeks ago and we haven't attempted sex yet only because I'm not on the pill yet, waiting to see the doctor but I am imagining it will be the same this time too x

I would suggest getting some really good lube with no additives etc, I can't use any of the conventional stuff (durex, KY etc) cause it irritates me. The weird thing is that I never suffered with this irritation before I had my LO so naturally I assumed it was something to do with my post baby body :blush:

I found this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15120 it's all natural and contains no parabens, it's bloody brilliant. I had the same issue as you and I thought it was me but actually it was the lube irritating me and burning. I know it looks expensive but it lasts ages :thumbup:

For a burning sensation, I would switch to bottled lube and unlubed condoms. Those irritate the crap out of me even though I do fine with most lubes. You can try it out on yourself with a finger before trying to dtd again, to make sure you get one that won't ruin it for you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->