Sexing Scans in Hampshire?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by nightkd, Dec 25, 2009.

1. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for a sexing scan in Hampshire in the UK?

I'm thinking of going later next week so I'd be about 15+3 or something...I know it's a little bit early, but DH is going back home on Friday and I was hoping we might be able to get a scan while he's still here (and with my mum - she'd just appreciate seeing Bean anyway) and hopefully get another opinion on the sex (a bit more accurate than being told at 13 weeks...).

We'd be getting another scan in the US anyway, it's just to share the experience with my mum and if we could find out the sex while DH is still here too, it would be a big bonus.

x

ETA: Getting a scan later on at about 17 weeks, still open to suggestions. :) Thanks all.

2. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

I don't think many of places do them under 16 weeks. Sometimes, it's 17 weeks though!

3. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

No i agree with squidge, i think you'll struggle to find one as there arent that many across the UK that will do it at 16 weeks, let alone 15.

I know of one down this way but it'd be a long way for you to travel

4. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

I'm not particularly planning on booking an actual sexing scan, just one of the regular ones which includes sexing and I just want their opinion as I've seen someone on here with very clear pictures of their boy at 15+5 (or similar)... It'll piss me off if they downright refuse to give me even an opinion because the lady at our 13 week scan gave us a guess (which she was pretty certain about)...also the tickers (I know they're just tickers, but..) from baby gaga change to say at 15 weeks about getting baby sexed at that point. :shrug: I will most definitely have a rant about the crapness of the UK if they refuse :lol: and that'll make DH think I prefer the US healthcare system.... Nooooooooo!!! :haha:

I'm not going to go out buying blue or pink if they just give us a guess!

I was looking at this place: https://www.firstviewimaging.co.uk/book.htm anyone any experience?

ETA: Eg I wouldn't book a sexing scan, I'd book the 'anomaly scan' with 'sexing if required' (at that particular place)...so we could just see Bean and ask them to take a guess while we're there iykwim?

xx

5. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

I'm not sure you would find anywhere most places are 16+ and the scans before that are NT scans which would not include sexing but you could always add a few days on and change your EDD then they will say baby is measuring slightly behind but should still guess gender iykwim? xxx

6. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Well as long as you find a local place that offers sexing then you can just ask them to tell if they can i guess

7. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Well no-one's bothered to give me a dating scan (the place we went didn't mention anything, I just said I was about 13 weeks before we had the scan, so I guess bubs is on the right track?! No-one bothered with the nuchal translucency tests either... :shrug:) so I could quite easily just say "I'm about 16 weeks..." because it could be true!!! :dohh:

That's what I'm planning to do Polo, just need some suggestions seen as there are a few places round here, but I have no idea/recommendations of which one would be best, especially if anyone on here has been to a certain place where the tech gave an idea of the sex at an earlier point than usual - would be handy to know where.

x

8. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Just to clarify - we will be getting another scan after 20 weeks, so this is really just a scan to share with my mum, if we could get the baby sexed (or just another opinion) it would be a big bonus, so I want to find a place that is most likely to give us a good guess this early on...while we're there.

x

9. 6lilpigs

6lilpigs Well-Known Member

I went here for my NT scan at the beginning of december. Its a nice place but the tech who took my scan seemed a bit grumpy, not over friendly at all. It may be a different tech or she may be a bit friendlier if you are paying privately. I didn't get her name though, sorry. They put it all on dvd for me though and the machine was state of the art, fantastic quality pictures, so if they won't tell you a guess then just ask for some footage of that area and post it here or over on the in-gender site for someone to guess on for you. HTH.
    I've added one of my 2d pics for you to see the quality, I expect they'll do the 3d images aswell, but for gender at 15 weeks your still better off with the 2d.

Attached Files:

• 1_5.jpg
      1_5.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  10. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Thank you!

That's really helpful :)

xx

11. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

I've also looked at this place as its closest to where i live, heard lots of good things about it:thumbup:

12. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

13. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

I went here as well and would really recommend it. They spent ages with us when we had our sexing and 3D scan it was a really nice experience.

14. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

15. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Thanks for the posts all! :) My mum's going to do some research tomorrow and ring around a few places... I'm glad to have some opinions on the firstview place... I told my mum about that one, there's also a place in Basingstoke we're looking into too (my mum likes Basingstoke hospital etc)...

xx

16. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

Thats the general going rate everywhere...:shrug:

17. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

I think there prices are quite good for a 4D scan, not far off the Fareham prices thanks for the link :thumbup:

18. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

£145 for an anomaly scan or £100, I know which I'd rather pay! :lol: Wasn't meant to be offensive, was just commenting.

We're getting a scan in January now, so I'll be a bit further on. We rang a few places and we've decided against the Fareham one for now...and Basingstoke...they were a bit awkward.... Will let you know how I get on. :)

xx

19. wannabemamma

wannabemamma Well-Known Member

You might have this sorted by now (I haven't read the 2nd page!) but try these people https://www.lbhealthcare.co.uk/

I went for an early scan at 6+6 and they were great, good value too.

20. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc