shapes of uterus

nilllabean26

Reaction score
Didn't get too much help in first tri, so wondering if any of u ladies can help.. this was my post

My first appt, my uterus was round. I have new ultrasound Pics, and noe it's shaped like a banana and it looks like the baby is smashed and being suffocated. I look at diagrams and ultrasounds online, and I don't see any banana looking uterus. I saw a couple oddly shaped ones But the babies weren't smashed...they still had room. My uterus looks like the bottom half of the genie in Aladdin. U know how his tail gets smaller from the waist down. And the baby's legs are like smudges inside a tiny space. Can someone help explain this? My ob wouldn't answer any of my questions today because I was 10 min late to appt.

I wont post the pic yet cuz one comment literally made me cry. Maybe old too emotional,but I found it rude. I would like to know if u guys have experiencedthis and what ur ob said. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by the term 'smashed'

But I'm sure if there was a problem then you'd of been told. It could be that you have a tilted uterus, this is the case for me :)

I'm not sure what you mean by the term 'smashed'

But I'm sure if there was a problem then you'd of been told. It could be that you have a tilted uterus, this is the case for me :)

I late to my appt and she didn't answer any questions. She didn't even tell me my baby was Ok until I asked that. She shrugged her shoulders and didn't answer me at all. The point is, she cculdve at least help e'er explain to me why it looks different. I'm so stressed and depressed this pregnancy with nobody helping me. I'm 10 weeks and She's the first ob I have been able to see, and still didn't help me. I'm too overwhelmed and I can't take it. She Also told me I had high blood pressure But she would talk to me about it in two weeks. This crap scares me.

Are we able to privately message pictures? I don't feel comfortable sharing the picture anymore because it looks deformed

I'm sorry people have been rude. :( What's seen on the US is usually just the inside of the uterus where baby is, not the entire uterus. As baby really only takes up the space they need, and being the uterus is a muscle essentially, it will form to the way baby is lying. So, it might look a little different each time. If ur not satisfied with ur OB, I would encourage u to find a different one. Pregnancy is stressful enough without the added stress of that. :)

I'm not sure if we can private message pictures on here...maybe somebody else will know. Try not to worry too much though, if your OB said baby is fine, then baby is fine. Of course things can go wrong at pretty much any point in any pregnancy, but if you've had a good scan at 10ish weeks your chances are really good that everything will be okay. I can't find the link right now, but I think if there's a heartbeat at 8 weeks your chances of a healthy baby at the end are something like 90% and they go up every week, so since you had your scan around 10 weeks, chances are high that everything will be fine. I can't really comment on your scan picture, as obviously I've not seen it, but again, if your OB says baby is fine, he/she is fine. It does suck that they just brushed you off like that. I'd maybe give them a call and ask for a follow up...do you know when your next scan will be?

She was in my vagina for literally 30 seconds. She didn't tell .me my baby was fine on her own. She said There's ur baby can u see? I said no the light in the backs too bright and I tried tl lift my head and she said don't move. I put my head back down and ultrasound was over. She didn't say anything accept for the word yea when I asked is my baby Ok.

Can someone please private message me so I can show you the picture? I figured out a way to attach it.
I'm not sure if we can private message pictures on here...maybe somebody else will know. Try not to worry too much though, if your OB said baby is fine, then baby is fine. Of course things can go wrong at pretty much any point in any pregnancy, but if you've had a good scan at 10ish weeks your chances are really good that everything will be okay. I can't find the link right now, but I think if there's a heartbeat at 8 weeks your chances of a healthy baby at the end are something like 90% and they go up every week, so since you had your scan around 10 weeks, chances are high that everything will be fine. I can't really comment on your scan picture, as obviously I've not seen it, but again, if your OB says baby is fine, he/she is fine. It does suck that they just brushed you off like that. I'd maybe give them a call and ask for a follow up...do you know when your next scan will be?

I'm sorry people have been rude. :( What's seen on the US is usually just the inside of the uterus where baby is, not the entire uterus. As baby really only takes up the space they need, and being the uterus is a muscle essentially, it will form to the way baby is lying. So, it might look a little different each time. If ur not satisfied with ur OB, I would encourage u to find a different one. Pregnancy is stressful enough without the added stress of that. :)
Military training facility. Can't choose my ob. But 5 more weeks until I join a group. It will be women with my same due date and we all will get to have the same ob and same appt day and meet at the End and share our stories. But I can't sign up until I meet with her again. I asked her if I Could sign up and she told me I was late and we could talk about it next time.

The pictures don't show the whole uterus. I had quite a long US recently and watched the whole thing. It honestly looks like your uterus is a 100 different shapes during a scan depending on the angle etc. Was yours an internal ultrasound? I have never had an internal one but have noticed when they press the wand against your tummy it makes your uterus look squished. Also an ultrasound isn't like a photo. The image is made from sound waves bouncing back and can be used to look at different depths (which is why it can see inside you). But that can sometimes make things look a bit weird because you are not seeing everything at once. When I showed my first US pics to a friend he asked if the head develops first and the legs grow later, lol. I have to admit in the picture it looks a bit like a head without legs but its just because you couldn't see them in the picture. Of course at that stage their legs are much smaller in proportion to the head but they are there. I'm sure your OB would have said if there was anything wrong. It is quite hard to make sense of US pics when you first see them but she has a lot of experience at it (now she just needs to work on her bedside manner). Also if the baby was kicking it might have made his legs look blurred.

Ultrasounds in the first tri are so tricky as is, it's no wonder yours has you concerned... But like everyone else has said, the shape of the uterus isn't generally a concern and is constantly changing, anyways. My uterus is tipped REALLY far back, so when I have my first few scans, baby always looks tiny tiny (and until about 12 weeks, is almost impossible to find!).

I understand you're military, but you're sure there's no one else you can see?? There's absolutely no reason you should be treated like this, whether you were late for your appt or not. My husband is in medical school and is told constantly that the patient is the employer; he is there merely to serve their needs. If I were you, I'd start calling around for your options!

Good luck, mama! :hugs:

I am so sorry you have such a bad ob and have had to go through the rude comments!!
I had several internal us in the beginning and all looked different. What you see in an internal us is usually baby and some black area that is the fluid. My fluid levels were low for the first 15 weeks but not low enough to cause ob any concern but baby did look squished and the shaped changed each time.
hang in there.

I'm sorry your OB wasn't kind or helpful. It wouldn't have taken much extra time to just let you know that all is OK :hugs:. It is hard to imagine what you are describing without seeing a picture, but honestly I would imagine it is OK. Ultrasound pictures are so distorted- I have pictures which make it look like my LO's have random floating limbs, arms coming out of their heads etc, but it is all down to the angle the image is taken at. At 10 weeks I can't imagine that the LO would really be squashed and out of room, as s/he is only teeny tiny, and the sac will continue to grow around LO so they will get more room. Could you perhaps call your OB and explain that you are so worried and ask her to either talk you through the scan or rescan you? I'm not sure how it works in the US so I'm sorry if that is a dumb suggestion!

I had a scan at 6 weeks and think i know what you mean about the shape. My 6 week scan pic is attached, was yours similar to this?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_13974218576781796.jpg
    FB_IMG_13974218576781796.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
I had a scan at 6 weeks and think i know what you mean about the shape. My 6 week scan pic is attached, was yours similar to this?

No it wasn't. Pm me and I will share a picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->