• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Share experience of induction due to preeclampsia please

ProudMomma2Be

Reaction score
Hello, I got diagnosed with early preeclampsia at 34 weeks .
I don't have high blood pressure but my protein levels are getting higher each appoitment so I have ultrasounds + NST twice a week plus my regular doctor check up weekly .
If everything goes week , I am gonna be induced at 37+ 2 which is in 6 days .
I have beenrviously induced with my first son due to low amniotic fluid so I kinda have an experience with induction , but it worries me how it's gonna go with the preeclampsia , I don't want to end up with c section . But I also don't wanna put my baby at risc .
So I would like to hear any stories of ladies induced with preeclampsia . How the doctors induced and how did it go .
Thank you :flower:

For me it was terrible. The induction failed I made no progress in 12 hours even though I was on the highest dose of drugs I was allowed to be on. Then got hellp syndrome. My health rapidly declined and to be honest I don't really remember the last couple of hours before I had my daughter. I know they stopped the induction 2 hours before I had my section and they wouldn't do it until my bloods where stable.

I ended up with an emergency section under general anesthetic and spent a week in intensive care.

I think if you have already had an induction then that's a good sign and its good you BP is still normal :)

Hey

I was induced and everything went ok. I laboured for almost 24 hours and then ended up with an emcs, but it wasn't due to the pre-e, I had a fibroid near my cervix that wasn't allowing my cervix to dialate. I did end up being in hospital though for 6 days since my bp wouldn't come back down, which it's supposed to once the baby's out.

Good luck.

Kim

I hope my BO stays down . I don't have any symptoms except the protein in my urine and even after I checked my chart at my last appoitment I noticed negative protein in my urine so I have to ask about that today at my appoitment . I am just scared something can go wrong because of the pree . But I guess that can go wrong even without pree ...
I am glad both of you and your babies are heathy !

I had every symptom EXCEPT protein in my urine and high blood pressure. I was induced at 38 weeks and it was painless until they broke my water. Once they broke it I was immediately in active labor but they started Pitocin at about 10am broke my water at 3 and she was out a little after 11pm.

my labor was horrible because she was face up and I had a panic attack after the epidural other than that there were no complications.

they did have to keep me on magnesium because of the PE so I was not allowed anything to drink while in labor which was bullshit. my mouth was so dry. I also wasn't allowed out of bed the whole next day because it causes dizziness. That means having to keep the catheter in which was painful.

I had every symptom EXCEPT protein in my urine and high blood pressure. I was induced at 38 weeks and it was painless until they broke my water. Once they broke it I was immediately in active labor but they started Pitocin at about 10am broke my water at 3 and she was out a little after 11pm.

my labor was horrible because she was face up and I had a panic attack after the epidural other than that there were no complications.

they did have to keep me on magnesium because of the PE so I was not allowed anything to drink while in labor which was bullshit. my mouth was so dry. I also wasn't allowed out of bed the whole next day because it causes dizziness. That means having to keep the catheter in which was painful.

Wow , I guess I am gonna get some surprises on induction day :wacko::dohh:
No one talked to me about what's gonna happen or how it's gonna happen .
I wanted to talk about it with my doctor today but babys HB was 190 and she immediately send me for NST and ultrasound so I had no chance to ask anything :shrug:
Baby is fine and hopefully he stays that way for the next 5 days before induction .
I also hope the induction is going to be fast at last if I really have to be in bed and cannot get up :dohh:

everybody has a different experience, and I am sure there are different guidelines at each hospital. although I didn't have the birth I wanted, I am happy they did not force a C-section on me. I wish I would have known about the magnesium beforehand but they may not do that at your hospital?

everybody has a different experience, and I am sure there are different guidelines at each hospital. although I didn't have the birth I wanted, I am happy they did not force a C-section on me. I wish I would have known about the magnesium beforehand but they may not do that at your hospital?

I wanted to ask about the induction at my last appointment on Tuesday but babys HB was 190 so they rushed me to my NST and ultrasound so I didn't get the chance to talk about it with my doctor :shrug:
I guess I am gonna find out on induction day :shrug:
I wish someone would talk to me about it before head :dohh:
I sure don't wanna c section :nope:
I just wanted to know what are the options for me and if there are any risks and if they are trying to get the baby as fast as possible or it they take their time etc ...

Have you had your baby yet? Not sure if my story is relevant as I had my baby by emergency c-section due to severe early pre-eclampsia, at 27 weeks, but I'm happy to share if anyone wants me to. I hope everything is ok xxx

Thought I'd add my experience

I developed PE at 32 weeks and was induced at 33+4. Induction went incredibly smoothly. Got cervadil inserted at about 7pm and gave birth naturally at 2:45am. No drugs no gas and air. I didn't even need to be put on a drip to help contractions. I had no tears or grazes. I wasn't stuck on a bed and could walk around. Technically I wasn't even induced as they kept saying the induction starts the next day when I get the drip put in (but I never made it to then. Lol)

My doctor said while its not always the case most women with severe PE labour and induce well because their bodies are so sick like mine was the body works to get rid of tge pregnancy as quicklu as possible once labour starts.

Hi girls . Thank you for sharing your stories ! I had my baby Nicholas may 27 th . Labor was longer than with my first one . I had to get cervadil 3 times and than I got pitocin together they break my water and than hour later I requested epidural because I was already so exhausted and in so much pain I wasn't sure if I would have the strength to push since they told me I was only 7 cm . He was born 4 hours after the epidural with just one push and no tearing . Recovery was speedy and I didn't even feel like I had a baby .
I had no complications during or after birth and my baby is healthy and was born 37+2 at 8 pounds 9 ounces , 1:21 am

So if I take I got the first cervadil at 9 am on Monday may 26 th and gave birth at 1:21 am Tuesday may 27 th . That makes almost 17 hours of labor .
I started to have strong contractions already after the first cervadil so I started counting right there .

Thank you again for sharing your experiences ;) I hope your babies are doing great !

But I couldn't complain about anything . Everything was great !

i havent been induced but i developed severe pre e in labour with my first. No symptoms, was at mw 2days before birth all ok. Turned up hosp in labour set machine beepin an was ambulanced larger hosp luckly when the did 15min call (scratch test of babes head came bk abnor plus meconium in water) i was fully dilated so forceps deliver. My second preg put on meds 32 weeks an think got few +s in urine but labs came back ok etc had her naturally an as far no meds stabalised bp in labour (only on ecg little while as they didnt think as far into labour as was, got suprise when i wanted push when they came examine me lol) 3rd preg 21+5 an bp aok so far but am under watch with 3 extra scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->