Share your recipes!

0stara

Reaction score
I have seen more than a few threads about food lately. Some ladies need to be tempted to eat, others can't stop (that's me!) and a few others can't seem to find anything nice.

I got this link through a newsletter e-mail today and it prompted me to make this thread.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/meal-planners-by-trimester/#4

Post your current favourite recipes here - healthy or not so much, foods that are good for the baby, or good for your soul, either way share what you love to eat :) Here is my contribution! :happydance:

Date and Orange Salad

Take a bowl of green salad leaves (your favourite or whatever is on special), add some chopped dates (I buy whole and do it myself, cheaper) and a chopped fresh orange. Toast (dry fry) some flaked almonds until golden and sprinkle on top. Voila!

Looking forward to see if/what others are going to share. :flower:

I LOVE food threads!!

Out favourite and healthy dinner lately is really simple but really yummy.
2 x tins of chopped tomatoes, an onion, lots of garlic, basil, spinach, bacon, celery finely topped, any other veg you fancy, reduced down into a thicker sauce and on pasta. I could probably eat it every day!

The other one i like too is home made kebabs:

Pitta bread with salad and coleslaw (which you could homemake too).
Get some cheap steak from supermarket or butcher, cut into thin strips and coat with your favourite spices, or a sachet for fajitas or something like that. Onions, garlic, chop up some tomatos and some cheese. Cook it all together until everything is cooked and shove in the pitta too :) YUM!

Both of those sound lovely :) I must admit I do like making home made kebabs with some healthy living lamb chunks, green peppers and onions. Ooh and red cabbage!!

Nobody else wants to share? Come on ladies - I've seen all those foodie threads!!! :)

My favourite (and EXTREMELY naughty) thing to cook is dauphinoise potatoes - peel and slice enough potatoes to fill whichever dish you want. Add 2 cloves of garlic to 500ml of double cream, layer the potatoes in the dish and pour over the cream and garlic mixture. Bake in the oven on gas Mark 4 for 90 mins until the top is golden. Yummmmmm!!xx

I posted this somewhere else, but it's so good it really needs to spread around!

Ritz Cracker Dip Recipe

4 slices bacon
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
2 green onions, finely chopped
4 Ritz crackers, crushed

Directions
1.Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2.In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese, onions, and bacon. Place bowl in microwave, and cook 2 minutes. Remove, and stir well. Return to microwave, and cook 2 to 4 minutes more. Sprinkle crushed crackers on top. Serve warm with crackers.

This dip is seriously addicting, be sure to make enough. :happydance:

I absolutely LOVE dauphinoise potatoes when out - never made them before but that sounds easy enough :)

And that bacon and cheese dip. Oh my!!!!

bacon, spinach, peas,mushrooms and white sauce(or homemade cheese sauce) mixed with cheese on pasta is so yummy and so easy to make.

oh my the dauphinoise potatoes sounds wonderful! may have to try that!

i'm very much liking cheesy pasta right now; i mix together a little garlic, ricotta and grated mozerella then stir into the cooked pasta whilst it melts.

i'm also loving soup at the moment, especially chicken stew, made with chicken breast, barley, onion and stock cubes. it takes most of the day to thicken but worth the wait :lol: we either have dumplings with it or boiled potatoes!

I forgot to say to crush the garlic! Lol. And make sure the top layer of potato is just about covered by the cream :) xx

Oh Yum - A food thread! Now that I'm out of the 1st tri "carb only" diet (potato sandwich anyone? :rofl:), I am starting to crave yummy colourful food again!

Right now I'm eating banana muffins right out of the oven, but I'll sniff out a few recipes to post! x

Hunters chicken, chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, topped with cheese and halfway through add a few large spoons of barbecue sauce. mmmmmm.

xxx

Mmm hunters chicken - yummy! I cheated and bought some ready-done from tesco, lol! Pure laziness.

Definitely bookmarking this thread so I can try a few of these this week, thank you ladies :)

Any more coming? Healthy or not, I like variety!!

I have a food blog! If you guys are interested, it's:

https://delishnotism.blogspot.com/

For dinner tonight I made a super easy chickpea curry dish I love:

Sauté tablespoon or two of diced ginger and garlic and one diced onion together until browned.
Add a tablespoon or two of curry paste (I use Patak's Madras Curry it's the best!) and sauté another minute.
Add two cans of drained chick peas and one can of diced (or crushed) tomatoes.
Simmer for 10 minutes or so (the longer the thicker and yummier it gets) then serve with rice. Super easy to make and very yummy if you like that sort of thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->