Share your spotting stories

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Has anyone had spotting and it all been fine? Just looking for reassurance. Hopefully this thread will help other ladies going through the same thing. I don't have my first scan for another 2 weeks!

I had some spotting and don't have a scan for two weeks either. I spoke to an advice nurse and she blew me off. Figured I would try and wait it out... Was your spotting red?

I had some spotting and don't have a scan for two weeks either. I spoke to an advice nurse and she blew me off. Figured I would try and wait it out... Was your spotting red?

Man it annoys me when I hear concerned women get blown off by staff in caretaker roles. If they lack compassion and empathy they are in the wrong profession. Hope all is well with you! Mine was brown and only when I wiped but it seems to have stopped today. What is yours like? How far along are you?

i spotted/slightly bled on my 7th week. most of it was brown, once with a hint of pink. just used liners, didn't require a pad. there was no pain. it went on for 2-3 days. i'm 11 weeks now and everything's fine. my doctor put me on a 2-week leave from work though after that spotting episode.

I had a significant amount of brown spotting for about 6 days around the 7 week mark. Fortunately my midwife was able to get me in for a scan almost immediately. All was well with my little guy, and I was even able to see his little heart beating. They couldn't find any reason for the spotting, and I was told just to relax and monitor it. It did continue for several days and even increased. It was a very stressful and upsetting week but I'm happy to say that I'm now 23 weeks with a little boy who is kicking away as I type!

There are lots of stories of spotting in pregnancy that have happy endings :flower:

Man it annoys me when I hear concerned women get blown off by staff in caretaker roles. If they lack compassion and empathy they are in the wrong profession. Hope all is well with you! Mine was brown and only when I wiped but it seems to have stopped today. What is yours like? How far along are you?

Mine is brown and lasted about a day and a half. I had a stressful day and strenuous 12 hour work day. I'm a nurse, but not well versed in OB. Not to mention I tend to be a little more paranoid lol. I'm 5 weeks today and hoping for a positive US. My understanding is that brown spotting is normal. Red is a problem and MD should be notified immediately.

I spotted with my daughter. It was a sub chorionic haemattoma that didn't affect her at all. It can at times be normal

I'm currently 10+5 and had some brown spotting this morning which has stopped now, but I have a Doppler and found the baby's heartbeat. I had some spotting and actual red bleeding for 9 days from 5 till 6+2 weeks. I had a scan at 6+4 weeks and we seen a little blob with a heartbeat. I didn't have any cramps with either spotting.

I got told to not worry if it's not heavy with cramps, again I know we all worry anyways.

Thank you so much girls, I'm sorry you all had to go through scary spotting episodes but so glad everyone's bubs are healthy!

Smimms I'm 5 weeks today too 😌

I am I suppose 6w5d. Not sure but somewhere in 6 wks for sure. Had ultrasound on Tues, heard hb at 113 bpm. Then came home and started to discharge that was light pink, by end of day light to moderate red bleeding. End of day passed a quarter size clot. This is my first after IVF, so thought the worst. Scan yesterday though showed all ok with hb of 124 bpm. I'm told I can have more bleeding and as long as not heavy and cramping it is ok. So far still having light brown discharge.

I had spotting 6+1 couldnt see HB at scan. Next scan at 7+3 and HB seen. Spotting on of till 10 but now 30weeks

With both my DS and my DD I had spotting for a couple of days around 4/5 weeks. I think it was just delayed implantation bleeding. I also had a massive bleed at 26 weeks with DS but all was fine. Spotting doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong. Try not worry.

I had bright red bleeding at 5 weeks 3 days and again but much much heavier with clots at 8 weeks with my twins. They are 20 months old now. I had a subchorionic hemmorage

So scary ladies, but just goes to show bleeding isn't always bad news. Thank you for sharing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->