Share your updates :)

It's really nice haring to everybody about their kids. I think usually, those who are in play schools will be more active.

My baby is smiling all the time now!! It is so amazing :cloud9:

She had her eye exam for ROP done yesterday and the right eye is completely clear, her left eye just has a little bit more to go and it will be clear as well!

I haven't been on here in ages, but it's so nice to find some time to be back and read up on how everyone's kids are doing I have often wondered.

We were living in Australia for a while and just moved back to the U.K last month, we had planned a permanent stay in Oz but that plan is on hold for a little while longer (long story!) Ihsan would of started school this month had we still been in Oz, but now he will start in August this year. He is doing really well, still full of beans and as raring to go as ever! I'd say his favourite things right now are karate, swimming, writing letters to friends/family and reading recipe books lol. Next week he will be starting an outdoor kindergarten 2 full days per week, he LOVES the outdoors. He is a great big bro and always says he loves his family he's very sweet. Food wise he will eat anything except anything which has melted cheese in it and his appetite is huge he is forever hungry but also constantly burning energy. Sometimes his listening skills leave a lot to be desired lol, but he's otherwise a really great little guy and a whole lot of fun.

:)

I've just discovered this thread and it's so lovely to see so many old faces on here!

Abigail turned 5 in December. She is enjoying school socially but not loving the learning aspect of it! She is picking up reading now but doesn't enjoy reading at home and says she doesn't like learning. She does however seem to get on well with the other children and she has a best friend at school. Her teacher says her concentration isn't great and she daydreams a lot which is an issue at home too - we have to nag to get her to do anything!

She has a great imagination and loves playing pretend games all the time. She is very articulate and has a great vocabulary. She is quite creative and really loves drawing and singing. She's also still really into dressing up!

Eating is not great, she isn't that adventurous with food but better than she used to be, and she's always been a good sleeper. Since starting school she seems so much more grown up, just in terms of the way she speaks and we get more attitude and answering back now! All in all though she is still a sweet natured girl. She can be moody and a drama queen, but her teachers also commented on the fact that she is very sensitive and caring to other children, which we really see in her at home too.

It's so good to see how all your LOs are doing now and how grown up they all are! We are expecting baby number three in a few weeks so I think that is going to be a big adjustment for Abigail and George. We will see how they get on!

Aw wow - just found this thread after a bit of an absence from BnB. I'm back as I am growing a new brother or sister for Madeline, but it's been fab to see some of the names here from when I was here the first time!

Madeline is 4, turning 5 in June. She is in full time school and all of a sudden seems so very grown up. She is doing fantastically well in school. Her reading is ridiculous, and she is already at Stage 7, going onto Stage 8, which I think is aimed at 7 year olds. She's doing great in other areas too, and has made lots of friends.

We do have problems with attitude, as in the way she will respond to us at times. We have the occasional tantrum, and lots of cheekiness which we try and deal with quite strictly. It doesn't seem to have much effect in that it stops her being cheeky or shouting the next time, but she definitely knows that her actions have consequences...it's just that sometimes she's willing to accept those consequences which can be frustrating.

Her eating is okay. She will try most things and has a pretty varied diet - but we do have table time battles still. She's sleeps great though (we've been lucky, she always has), bed by 7.30 and straight to sleep and up 6.30-7.30 so no complaints there. If she's awake before 7 she will play in her room.

She does swimming and a singing and dancing class, which she loves. But she's not really girly. She doesn't dress up, or play with dolls. She loves teddies, but uses these mostly as her school pupils! She loves role play, writing, colouring and has become more and more interested in our tablet, but we limit any time on that. She's excited for the new arrival, and I can't wait to see her with the baby.

All in all she is great fun - and aside from a little less cheek and attitude at times, she's amazing :) She's not overly affectionate, but I do get kisses and cuddles if I ask for them (or pretend to be a puppy...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->