Sharing a bedroom-3yr old and baby?

pinklizzy

Mummy to two little bears
Reaction score
Hi,
Could do with a bit of advice about our bedroom/living arrangements from you lovely people!
Bit of backround-we live in a fairly big, old house. Initially we lived here with my sister, her then boyfriend and LO, the house is over 3 floors with kitchen, dining room and living room downstairs. Upstairs we have our master bedroom, bathroom and 2 double bedrooms that used to be my sister's bedroom/living room and on the top floor two smaller attic rooms that were both nurseries when we lived together.
I love my daughter's nursery/bedroom, I spent lots of time decorating it, painting a mural on the walls etc and it's my favourite room in our whole house so I've been resistant to her moving into another room until now.
At the moment we use one of the double rooms as a spare room/laundry room/dumping ground and the other one houses my guinea pigs (yes they have their own room :blush:)
I was talking to my mum today that I felt bad that we haven't set up a nursery for this baby yet-will be in with us for at least 6 months so the crib etc is in there for now and she mentioned about using the current spare room for both my daughter and baby once he/she's here and the g pig room as a playroom?
The more I think about it the more I want to do it as my daughter is at the stage where she wants to play in her room by herself, we don't let her do it all that much as it's so much further away and I haven't felt like going up and down all the stairs since being more heavily pregnant.
It would also be good as we could get a lot more of the toys that are currently all over our lounge/downstairs into a separate space. At the moment we're not really using all the space we have to the best and she doesn't have a lot of room-everything has to be put away so we can use the lounge in the evenings.

I'm just a bit worried that it will disrupt everyone's sleep sharing a room? I always shared with my sister when we were growing up because we didn't have the space but is it a silly idea to put them together when we don't actually 'have' to?
To me having everyone sleeping on the same floor of the house would make a big difference in terms of logistically looking after 2 children but is it just me being selfish!

Well done to anyone who got to the end of that massive explanation
:flower:

ETA-Erin's nursery would be the alternative spare room and the g pigs culd move to the other attic room-which needs lots of DIY before it could be used as a nursery so that's another tempting issue in terms of time frame and finances!

My kids are a different age-8 and 2 and they share the box room in bunk beds, and the double room is a playroom.
This works really well, as they aren't getting up to play with toys in the night, meaning they actually sleep!

Hi our boys (11 months & 4 years 1 month) do share & apart from the odd night every few months, it's a perfect solution! The eldest gets used to it & the baby knows no different. People that have shared rooms always seem to look back at it fondly with the close living quarters so I'd say that's another plus :) x

I use to stay in a big house when my kids were smaller, and yeah they shared a room even though they could've had separate. They loved it x

We live in a small 2 bed flat so while i like the fact we are all on the same floor, it means that my 6yr old, 4yr old and baby all share a room.

Mine have seperate rooms in a 4bed house yet biggest two still choose to share most nights. They love it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->