sharing the same room

dippy dee

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could by any chance help me?
My 3 year old son ( 4 soon ) stays at his dads on a weekend and has to share a room with his cousin who lives with ex, thing is this lad is 17 and has only been in my sons life for 3 months and i find it innapropriate (sp?) for them to share a room as my son is autistic and i feel vunerable, maybe it is just me being over protective but somethi happened to my daughter years ago so i find it hard not to worry. :cry:
Does anyone know if there is a law on this i have googled it but to no avail but i'm not to good on the pc :blush:
Thankyou :hug:

I doubt there are any laws against it, but I can see why it would make you feel uncomfortable. Is there anywhere else he can sleep? Even on a mattress on his dad's floor or something? x

Hi hun i did ask this n his dad said he can sleep in his bed with him but karlum won't share a bed with anyone even if he's ill, i don't know if it's just me over reacting as i have other gripes with his dad but aghhhhhhhhh i don't know what to do.
I hate this man as he was violent when we were together, he got me on heroin ( off it now 4 years) he's only been off it a year so i worry there, he smokes around our son knowing that he has asthma ( yes i smoke but NEVER in our house) and he just has a lack of respect, my little 1 has autism and along with that is hyperactive but no this man will send my son home with a 2 pound pick n mix and 2 cans of pepsi, when i confront him he replies that he hasn't and if he has then he's entitled to a treat else life would be boring for lo.
I feel stuck as he has a contact order and i can't be petty.

Can you not appeal the contact order given the drugs and violence in his past? Surely the court would consider supervised access or at least daytime visits only? Does his dad live far away and would it be possible for him to see him during the days at the weekends, and stay at home at night because he has his own room? x

Aww this sounds like a really tough situation!!! I have an autistic brother so I understand your concerns over vulnerability. I agree with Sams mum - are you not able to specify better visitations where you or somebody you trust is there and its not overnight? I think you just need to put your foot down and say that you dont feel confortable with it - at the end of the day he s your little one and nobody can argue with what you feel is right for him. Maybe get him one of those blow up bed such as https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6340829/c_1/1%7Ccat_10197552%7CChildren%27s+furniture%7C10197719/Trail/searchtext%3EREADY+BED.htm and you can just stick it on his dads bedroom floor?

I hope it works out! :hugs:

that would make me uncomortable too, even without autism! But i dont know what to suggest, but i feel for you. x

Cant you buy one of those "ready beds" for little kids and then your son can sleep in that next to dad's bed?!

DOH...just saw angelmarie's suggestion..... :doh:

I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back