Sharp Pains in stomach - anyone else?

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I know I am a paranoid and worrying person!

When I was 6 weeks pregnant with this pregnancy, i had some bleeding and was sent for a scan. They couldn't see anything so i had to go back 10 days later to see if my dates were out or if it hadn't progressed. Luckily we saw a blob and a heart beat and they put me at about 7 weeks (so behind my current dates by about a week).

Since them, i have popped size wise (i am now the size I was at 16w with my daughter!), sickness has really kicked in and boobs got sore. But I've also had really bad pains in my stomach. They feel like the pains you get when you have bad gas (but its not that) and nothing seems to work in getting rid of it, it just has to work itself out. The pain is so bad I often wake in the night with it. I have also had a very upset stomach (sorry TMI I know) for about 2-3 weeks.

I spoke to the Drs today who said to come in but I couldn't see my normal Dr. The Dr I saw felt my belly, said it felt fine, completely dismissed the pains and just concentrated on the fact the sickness is very bad. She just kept offering me medication for the sickness, which i would like to avoid at all costs.

Has anyone had this? Was it nothing? i'm just so scared i'm going to lose another pregnancy. it doesn't help matters that i tried to find the heartbeat with a doppler and couldn't!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I actually just called my doctor this morning with questions about the severe discomfort I have had in my stomach. I get sharp pains in my upper abdominal area...as if my muscles are so tight they refuse to stretch at all...and I just have all over discomfort in the rest of my stomach/uterus. The nurse reassured me that the muscle pains are probably due to the morning sickness I have been having. She said throwing up really does use more muscles than we think. And I also have 2 rather large cysts on my right ovary that they found when I went in for my first scan at 4+5 and she said that with those cysts and the baby growing that I just don't have a lot of room down there so the discomfort is normal. I pretty much constantly feel like I just finished eating Thanksgiving dinner and no one better get even close to touching my stomach. She said that everything is more than likely fine but if it starts to become excruciating...which its not...I should definitely call them back.

I hope you start to feel better soon! And just try not to worry. The way I see it...stuff going on in my stomach is better than nothing going on!

Try a probiotic, it will help and the gas pains wont be as bad because youll be close to regular again :)

I just started having the same type of pains about a week ago and I noticed it got so much worse when I eat dairy/milk/cheese. I'm seriously starting to think I'm becoming lactose intolerant.. which is weird because with my DD I drank so much milk! So I'm trying to cut out all dairy and see if it makes me feel better. I'm saying this because it's common for this to happen in pregnancy so maybe you could see if you have the same problem? :hugs:

I had this last pregnancy and this one. I really think it is gas pain even if it doesn't come out. Our digestive system slows down in pregnancy and I'm guessing this is the cause? Mine was so severe the other night it kept me up half the night. I had a drs appt the next day and all was fine- baby right on target at almost 10 weeks and cervix closed. Came home and tried for 20 min to find baby with Doppler, and couldn't :( took me til almost 15 weeks last pregnancy, so don't freak out!!! Btw, I've had a bunch of bleeding too- it sucks but is often times benign. I had it last pregnancy also!

thanks ladies, will keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse. can't see my Dr for a week anyway.

Did find the heartbeat today on the doppler though! quite easily too, so that was a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->