She banged her head!

T

TashaAndBump

Anna was playing on the floor, and she sometimes stands up now holding on to the furnature. Well the last two days or so she has been letting go for short periods of time and standing either holding with one hand or not holding on at all. Well today she did this but fell backwards and hit her head on the floor - it made a really loud donk and she screamed! :cry: She was really upset but I put her on the boob to comfort her and she went straight to sleep! I think you're not supposed to let them sleep after they've banged their head? There is a lump on her head.. Should I wake her up or let her sleep it off?

Wake her , only as your not suposed to let them sleep straight after a bang to the head :hugs:

Yeah, wake her, you don't know if she's being "normal" if she's asleep xx

Thanks I woke her. She seemed really tired and faint at first - worried the hell out of me! But now she woke up properly she seems fine - she's just holding her head a lot! Bless her :( Poor little girl. Silly mummy....

Should I be letting her stand up on her own? I don't know whether to let her do what she wants and learn, or stop her from doing things in case she hurts herself but then she will not learn... I am always behind her if she is standing up on her own, but I can't always catch her :dohh: She's growing up too fast!

All of last week charlie kept banging his head because hes only been crawling only a few weeks hes fast but sometimes loses his balance and does a hard roll onto his back and bangs his head on the floor last week he done this every day about 5 times and hit the hoover pipe once and had a big lump its now a bruise its horrible seeing them do this he hasnt been banging it the last few days though so hopefully it was just a little phase , its hard as you cant keep your eye on them 24/7 . Hope shes ok now :hugs: xxx

hun, you can't stop them learning how to do things, she is going to bang her head alot more then she has done, i can't remember how many times kira has banged her head falling backwards from leaning back to far from sitting.

YOu can only make it all better after it happens.

Don't worry, I am sure she is just fine. You are right to keep an eye on her though after a bump on the head. However, you are right about letting her learn - she has to learn to stand on her own. It is difficult though, especially when you are worried about her hurting herself.

I think it usually sounds a lot worse than it actually is, as they can't fall very far, and the screaming is due to shock more than pain. Sam is standing all the time now, and I was always standing right behind him at first as I was terrified of him falling and hurting himself, but realised (after he started just turning round and diving at me!) that I needed to leave him to learn how to get down on his own and that if he just let go he would fall - and he's now lowering himself down onto the floor...didn't take too long to learn! We've still had a few bangs on the floor though :(

Hope she's ok :hugs: x

Thanks everyone. She's okay now. She woke up after an hour and was very playful right up until bed time :)

I know she does need to learn... It's just so hard when I know she is going to hurt herself! :( As well she doesn't ever seem big enough to be doing half the things she is! She's standing without holding on, walking about holding on to the furniture, climbing my sisters stairs (we live in a bungalow so I didn't know she could do this until we went round my sister's the other day - I was obviously right behind her, as per always)...

...But she just looks like my baby wobbling about on her feet and I feel bad just letting her do things which she will obviously hurt herself if she falls over :blush: lol

How long till she stops falling over?? lol

It's horrible having to watch thinking they could hurt themselves isn't it? Even though a lot of the time she'll probably fall onto her bum and be fine - or won't hurt herself but just cry because the fall scared her. It was probably only a week of constant standing before Sam wasn't really falling but didn't know how to get down (he'd just wait until I went over and then hold out an arm to be picked up, or take my hands and lower himself down) and another week before he could get himself back down onto his knees/bum x

Tasha im afaird she'll be falling over forever!! And you cant always be there. :( Kyle done this yesterday, he was fine after a quick cuddle though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->