She doesnt like my cooking!! updated- we have success!!

Scottish Sam

Mummy to Rebecca Rose
Reaction score
I am doing BLW but also giving purees. Rebecca seems fine with finger food - loves her toast in the mornings!! but doesnt seem keen on any of the homemade purees I try and feed her :cry:

When I first started weaning I bought a couple of jars and she seemed to really like them but wont eat my lovingly prepared food!! I have tried making them smoother like the jars and tried mixing them together so they dont seem boring compared to the jars but its not helping. The only time she will eat anything other than finger food is her porridge with her toast in the mornings. Even if I pre load the spoon she isnt interested

She has now started to wake up earlier and I think its cos she is hungry as she drains a 7oz bottle when she wakes up.

Should I keep trying and hope that she will like them eventually or should I do BLW and no purees??

This weaning malarkly is too complicated!!

oh, she only has one meal a day ( breakfast)

update

well I tried what you lovely ladies suggested and instead of making the purees smooth, I left them a bit more mashed like and she ate some!:happydance::happydance: She has some sweet potato and carrots!! I am soooo pleased

Have you tried just mashing her food?? Like sweet potatoes mashed are really good, Jasmine has them.

What are you trying to give her?

i'd give mashing a go, like ryder said. have you tried her on apple and sweet potato? you can add a pinch of cinnamon in so it makes it a bit nicer xx

If she likes finger food - why not spread the puree on the toast ? Maybe that will help.

You could try some of the above sugestions or sacking the purees and going with more finger food. You could also give her mashed stuff in a bowl and let her feed herself maybe. Hebe loves feeding herself. It's very messy but she's getting better. She may need more milk still as she probably wont eat as much as a baby who is spoon fed but she might not like the texture of the purees? Perhaps she could have porrige for supper if you think that's why she wakes earlier?? x

If she prefers finger foods id maybe try the blw route for a few days and see how she gets on maybe. Ellie was abit picky with purees until i started making casseroles and more interesting foods she didnt like the veg on its own really.

i was adviced by my HV that it was best to give home prepared puree first as some babies once had jars may not take the homemade. i actually never found out why though, it could be a load of rubbish, the other ladies have given some good ideas though

Good luck
Lou
xxx

glad the mashing worked!!!!! Dont worry about giving a huge variety right now anyways, if certain veggies work better... go for it... there are things down the road which will work good as finger foods, but not so much mashed. And vice versa, there are some things which are great mashed, and not so great as finger foods... and like Mervs Mum said, you can always let her try and feed herself mashed things...

Jasmine is just starting to show interest in feeding herself, so I may slowly try letting her eat some mashed food by herself.

glad the mashing worked!! katie wont take anythin unless its mashed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->