She doesn't look like me :(

aragornlover8

Reaction score
I keep feeling like my LO doesn't look like me. We get approached by people when we're out and about who exclaim, "Oh! She looks just like her daddy!" I guess I was a bit gloaty during her newborn stage when everyone said she looked like me in my baby pictures; now, I guess I have to let OH take the limelight for a little while.

I know it's silly that this bothers me but I can't help it. :blush:

Oh hun :hugs: Its not silly!! Hopefully she grows out of looking like daddy and back to looking like you soon :haha:

You can't help your feelings. Do keep in mind that you have a beautiful baby and that is what matters most.

:hugs: i got told my lo looks like my mil!! i was really not happy lol

Aww it's not silly. We ways get mixed reactions with Harrison. Some say he looks like me and others sat OH. And I will admit I don't like it when they say OH. Lol.

:( i got told my lo looks like my mil!! i was really not happy lol

Ack!! Your LO is lovely, though!! Thankfully my MIL is far enough away that no one can really make the comparison. :haha:

And thanks for all of the replies, ladies. It's just been nagging at me for a while, especially now that we've been taking her out more.

I've got black hair and Hazel eyes, oh had dark brown hair and green eyes so obviously Kitty is a strawberry blonde with blue eyes!she doesn't look like either of us, but she did look just like the bloke who fitted our boiler, my oh looked concerned LOL! she has my thighs I guess!

I've got black hair and Hazel eyes, oh had dark brown hair and green eyes so obviously Kitty is a strawberry blonde with blue eyes!she doesn't look like either of us, but she did look just like the bloke who fitted our boiler, my oh looked concerned LOL! she has my thighs I guess!

:rofl: You know, it's funny. OH has brown hair and grayish hazel eyes. I have dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. Alexandra has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes (although they still might change). But she's taken on so many of his facial features (and expressions) that it's striking. I'm holding out that as she grows we'll be able to see some of mine as well. I'd even take a chin at this point!

people used to say it to us aswell but now he totally has my eyes... it may change but remember there s no question he is yours so try to smile and remember he loves you the most xxxxx

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My little lady is the spitting image of her daddy, everyone says so! I've even had strangers look at her, then me and say "She must take after her daddy" great, so even when he's not there people still say she looks like him!

I really don't mind at all though, I like that she looks so much like him - I carried her, I'm her mummy, I know exactly where she came from and I know more about her in every possible way than anyone else ever could so that's good enough for me!

xx

My LO looks nothing like me either. People always look at us and then come out with "does he look like his Daddy then?" I guess that is their way of saying that he doesn't look like me at all. I don't really mind but my DH is starting to get a big head as people say how gorgeous LO is and then how much he looks like DH!

Happens to me all the friggen time! I get on really well with my MIL but who wants people to say that? I haven even had people leave comments on FB saying 'looks like nana L'!!

To Op: :hugs: nt worry hun, they say babies look like their daddies for a long time to help the daddy bond as we had the experience of carrying them. It wont last forever.

xxx

Happens to me all the friggen time! I get on really well with my MIL but who wants people to say that? I haven even had people leave comments on FB saying 'looks like nana L'!!

To Op: :hugs: nt worry hun, they say babies look like their daddies for a long time to help the daddy bond as we had the experience of carrying them. It wont last forever.

xxx

Oh, I do remember hearing this before now that you mention it! Thanks for that. :)

I read some where thats its in a babys genes to look like daddy as a newborn so back in the days when we only grunted and lived in caves the dad dident reject (and kill) the baby thinking it was some ones elses.

Its only now that people are saying she looks like me so hopefully she will grow out of looking like him:haha:

My little lady is the spitting image of her daddy, everyone says so! I've even had strangers look at her, then me and say "She must take after her daddy" great, so even when he's not there people still say she looks like him!

I really don't mind at all though, I like that she looks so much like him - I carried her, I'm her mummy, I know exactly where she came from and I know more about her in every possible way than anyone else ever could so that's good enough for me!

xx

I love how you put that!

And I'm really starting to feel better about this. I also know that there are a lot of times when she only wants me to hold her. She knows who I am and that I'm there for her. I'm sure that can be enough for me for now. Still will have to try not to be too catty to the random strangers. :haha:

xx

I love how you put that!

And I'm really starting to feel better about this. I also know that there are a lot of times when she only wants me to hold her. She knows who I am and that I'm there for her. I'm sure that can be enough for me for now. Still will have to try not to be too catty to the random strangers. :haha:

You're her mummy hon, you will be the single most important person in her life for a very long time, no one can ever take that from you! You will probably find that as she gets older she will take on more of your features. Apparently it's a genetic thing that babies look like their daddies, dates back to caveman times so that when the men came back from hunting our dinner they could identify their little ones! Gotta love it, the idea of of my other half hunting for my dinner... he'd have a good hunt through the takeaway menus I guess!

xx

My Postnatal teacher told me that at the beginning they look like their Daddy so they don't leave! LOL!

People have just started commenting that she looks like me. For months everyone would only comment about how she looked like her Daddy.

ahh yes i get this, but my lo really does not look like me.. :p
everyone has said it , one nice comment though is someone said he looks like me when he smiles :)
Try not to worry! your lo will grow into her features and im sure you will see more of you in her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->