she hates it...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ffion HATES the new mei tai :cry: ive tried to put her in it 4 times and she just screams... i but her in any other shes fine. :cry:

selling it if shes doesnt go in it today :cry:

Oh no!! :hugs:

Do you think she just needs to get used to it? Has she seen Rhys in it yet? Maybe she will want a go if she sees he likes it?

Oh don't sell it, surely she will like it?

:hugs:

ohno :( hope she changes her mind, its too gorgeous to sell !! :hugs:

im just so gutted...maybe she can feel im all stressy when i put it on (coz i want her to like it) havent tried it on my back yet so maybe she'll like that better. im off into town soon so will try her again :(

rhys likes it but its too girly to keep just for him...

Oh no :-( It's so beautiful as well!

I've got the same problem with Deri...just bought a Ltd Ed Beco Butterfly II which I love but Deri just cries everytime I get him anywhere near it :cry:

I'm waiting on a custom SMT and soooo hope he likes that :wacko:

Keep us updated xxxxx (PS. I LOVE Melkaj MT's)

Did you try it on your back at all? What a shame :(

any news ?? so gutted for you ::( love the new avatar pic btw!

just about loosing hope with it... may have to sell it :(

she loves her $12 bloody no name mei tai though :rofl:

Aw hun, has she played with her one with the dollys yet? Just wondering if she might think it's a bit different if shes 'had a go' herself??

the one for her dollys is for xmas and its different to the one i have (different material/softer etc)

shes been worn since day 1 and has been in over 40 (ahem probably closer to 50 LOL) different carriers over the past few years and this is the only one shes ever hated!

Aw, sorry hun. Is there anything obviously different about it? I'm only interested because she's outgrowing her bjorn and I'm looking for tips and ideas for my next one. xxx

What's the difference between the new Mei Tai and the one she likes? I'm really sorry you're not getting on with it :(

the only thing i can think of is that the straps are cord and not cotton.. so they are stiffer/wider and also its bigger than my other MTs.. more like a toddlerhawk size.. so maybe she just doesnt like how high the back bit is.

Maybe. I wish something could be suggested to help, but seeing as you know more about babywearing than a lot of us I'm sure you've tried everything!! :(

lol..im just a bit confused as to why she doesnt like it.. im tempted to wash it somehow and spray it with my perfume..

ive never had a issue with anything like this before so any advice would be greatly appreciated..

I don't know. It's a bit extreme but maybe try putting her in the one she likes with the new one over the top? Only in the house, you would look a bit weird out and about like that! I don't think you should sell it, it took Freya about a month to get used to our new one and even now she doesn't love it, I have to keep her entertained whilst in it and not stop walking! I think she would prob get used to it in time.

Well we went to the park and made some progress.. she was very very tired so just as she was falling asleep i put her in and she was too tired to care.. but when she woke up she screamed and screamed

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/IMG_5630.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->