Shedding Control

KNWilson

Reaction score
For those who have cat(s) that live indoors how do you manage to keep the shedding down? I adopted two cats (short hair) about two weeks ago and the hair they shed is ridiculous!! I brush them with a deshedding brush but they still seem to shed like crazy. Not sure if it's do to them being stressed with all the new changes or what it is. Any helpful hints or tricks would be greatly appreciated!! :flower:

A teaspoon of olive oil in with their food is meant to cut down on shedding.

what deshedding tool are you using?
i cant recomend the furminator enough!!! its amazing!
also the food they are on can cause shedding, what are they fed?

like pp said olive oil or cod liver oil helps. x

Furminator all the way... although my pets are all evil little monsters who'll lie in wait till I've hoovered and then allllll go and sit on the cream carpetty bits that aren't covered with rugs (got two black dogs and one black cat) and have a shed-a-thon.

It's just a regular old deshedding brush. I haven't heard of the furminator I'll have to look into that. They are on a dry food called 4 Health which is a top end food doesn't have all that unnecessary junk that's unhealthy in it. Yeah I have an orange tabby and he doesn't shed real bad...it's my tortie who is shedding the worst she gets hair everywhere!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->