She's coming sometime soon.... Journey to second babe update pg4 she's FINALLY here!!

I've been trying some pressure points on my ankle here and there. They've come around 10 minutes, 13 minutes, one at 8. So not extremely regular. Sitting on floor in "butterfly" position. They're lastig around 30 seconds.

I read an article that said massage chairs are not recommended for women in early pregnancy because it will induce labor. You could go to the mall and walk, I you come upon a store with a massage chair try it out for a bit. The walking.....and pressure points has got to work! Try your low back too dh has massaged me there a few times and I told him to stop because I started contracting (a while back) now I encourage it.lol

Well it didn't do anything :/

It's now been 48 hours. Nothing has changed from earlier. Midwife wants me to come in now.

Darn. Dont worry about induction I went through it with my first and it went very smoothly. Easy for me to say but try and stay relaxed and you and baby will be perfectly fine. God bless you. Ive prayed that you will have a blessed birth :) lookin forward to your update.

Aw thank you so much. that means a lot to me. I've also been praying for a smooth and healthy outcome lol.
That's the thing that helped me most last time was keeping relaxed. I will try my best haha. My mom had pitocin because it wasn't going fast enough for the midwife and she had a very bad experience.

Yw :) pitocin is what they used for me. I really didnt have anything to compare it to as it was my first. But it really wasnt that different from my spontaneous birth with dd2 except much less pain with the induction. Just ask god for a relaxing healthy birth....he moves mountains! He will do as you ask! Are you there now? Have hey started yet?

Thanks again. Yes I am here. Cervix is posterior thick and only a fingertip but soft. She said head was in a really good position.
After going through different options she placed cervadil. I'm hoping it'll do the trick without having to resort to pitocin.

Oh yay! She will be here in no time! Im so excited for you!:hugs: you will be holding her and cuddling before you know it!

So far so good. Contractions about 4 min apart but still more like braxton hicks. Getting more pressure down there. Still feels like really early labor so this may take a while.

Oh good. Getting closer :) 4 minutes is good. Do you have any music for relaxation? Guru genesha singh is great. If you look him up play the song "ma" its relaxing and beautiful. I have that song on my labour playlist like 10 times in a row. Lol

Looking forward to hearing how things are if you're up to it :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Things are still about the same. 6 hours in on the cervadil still 4 min apart. Slightly more pressure but that's it. I wouldn't call it painful. Not active labor yet.

Np :) I'm glad you're not in a lot of pain. Been thinking about you And how things are going. I hope you are cozy and relaxed!

Wondering how you are? I hope things are going great. Let me know :)

Not wonderful. Cervadil fell out when I went to the bathroom with two hours to go still grrrr. Wasn't about to fish it out of toilet!!!
I was still getting contractions about every 4 min still but not lasting as long. I haven't really timed them in the last half hour though. Must have nodded off.
Very hard to rest on this bed. Like an embalming board.
I'm going to wait and try to rest until 6am (3.5 hours from now). I'm assuming midwife will start pitocin considering nothing new is happening. :,(

Oh boy. Going slowly. I think the pitocin will pick things up quite a bit. They only needed a quarter of the insert for me. And things took off quickly. Get some good rest :) ill be looking forward to your message in the a.m. to see how you are doing:hugs:

Can you have someone bring you more pillows? Its not fun being so uncomfortable. Im sorry. Hopefully you are able to get good rest.

Contractions dwindling down. Less often and less powerful. :( trying to rest but only getting 10 min here and there.

Just woke up. How are you now? Have they picked up? Did they give you pitocin?

She's finally here!!! Contractions slowed overnight after cervadil fell out. They went ahead and placed pitocin around 7 am. By 630 it already felt like contractions were getting more intense. I was really hoping I wouldn't go all day because it felt like really intense labor by 8-830. Thankfully I was right and she was born at 9:52am after 20 min of pushing!
I'll post a pic later. 8 lbs 20" 38+1. Membranes ruptured at 37+5.
She's breathing kind of fast and they want to rule out infection because of the prom. She won't nurse yet so iv being placed right now.

Think she has reddish hair and if that's the case her name is Astrid Autumn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->