She's getting worse, don't know what to do! - **UPDATE - it's a mess :( *

hi
I am a big softie and my children run rings around me (admit that freely lol) I dont think I could ever leave my baby crying because I think I would end up crying more!.

BUT sometimes I think that trying to create such a strict routine for a baby who is really still very young is just asking too much of them. I am one of these who thinks if a baby (not toddler thats a different kettle of fish altogether) is crying then pick it up and comfort it. I dont think a 4 month old can misbehave as such.

Have you tried ditching the routine all together? just feed her when she wants and let her sleep when she wants? In my experience with my first two (and the short experience so far of number three) little ones WILL get into a reasonable routine on their own with some gentle cues from you. For example both of mine started out as night owls waking mostly at night feeding more at night than in the day. For the first few weeks for all three now I have ignored this BUT when they get to about 8 weeks old I just introduced a bath time of around 5 o clock , nothing else just that 5 o clock was bath time. to be honest after that the whole rest of the evening routine fell into place on its own and then with it came the rest of the day. Our routine for our older two now is dinner at around 4 - 4:30 followed by tidy up time,. bath and into bed at 6 - 6:30.

now everybody knows that no matter what bath is at 5 lol.....although now with three bath time is significantly longer!

just a different perspective!

Hi all

Thank you so much for your messages/advice, etc.

I put Gabbi back on the routine she was on before, taking a while to get back to normal (Thurs woke me at 4am and this morning at 4.15am!!), but I think she has a tooth coming through so this may not be helping.

We tried keeping her up longer, feed her and see how she goes, but it's just that time of night, she just moans! After chatting with my sis, my little niece was exactly the same. Runs in the family!!!

I am not going to change a thing until she starts on solids and I start to slowly cut out the last feed, for now I will wake her for the last feed as this helps her sleep through and she's not as cranky either. better for us both.

She's hasn't been crying at all, just moaning. I hope to get her back into the routine (it's not a strict routine) in the next couple of days.

Thanks again girls x

Not sure if it will help but this is what we do

6.30 - 7.00am Bottle Feed
11.00am Bottle Feed
3.00pm Bottle Feed plus some baby rice maybe mixed with some banana
7.00pm Bottle Feed
11.00pm Bottle Feed

Liv is on an 8oz bottle but rarely has it all. She has an hours or so kip in the morning after her first feed and then a few naps throughout the day, she then tends to go to sleep at about 8.00pm through to her next feed.
These times are not strict, this past week she has been waking at 5.00am so it obviously brings it all forward!

Liv has been pretty much sleeping through for about 2-3 months now. and although some nights when we put her to bed she will have a scream it doesn't usually last more than 15 mins and generally if I put her down instead of the OH she will fall straight off with no fuss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->