She's in her 1st cloth nappy

loopy_lou

Reaction score
Hi guys,

babys just been put into a cloth nappy for the 1st time ;) can't wait to see how she gets on !!

Hugs

Hit post went to give her cuddles and found she was wet the pee had come down the leg even with the waterproof liner. Will try again tomorrow with a different combination.

:hugs: What combo were you using, maybe we can help? :flower:

I had a cotton wrap from one life it has a cotton strip on the inside which I put a liner onto foulded in half and was in a mother ease rikki/sm waterproof cover.

Oh I've never used those nappies so can't really help, sorry :hugs:

I don't have experience of One Life nappies either, sorry.
A few things it might be - were the nappies prewashed to bump up absorbency?
How tight did you do the poppers on the One Life? Were the gussets on the Rikki all 'tucked in' around the leg with no nappy or leg gape showing? Lastly, how long was she in the nappy for?
Sorry if you've checked all this already, it's all I can think of at present :hugs:

Ah tucking in the gusset :( woops will try again when more awake hehe

Did you have a booster in the OneLife? As they are cotton they can become outpeed fairly quickly. Also with a little one you need to fold the top over quite a lot to make sure there arent big gaps round the legs where it can just pour out before soaking in!

Sort of tucking but not literally...ah am rubbish at explaining myself...like rolled in rather than rolled out, like a cuff? Oooh yes just had a thought too, what sort of liner are you using? :flower:

Yes has a strip of cotton which stays in place with poppers not washed with fabric conditioner the liners ate the bambino ones from kiddie care

Just thinking - be sure the mio liners are facing the right way or the pee will run right off them, you said you were folding them? If they are too big you could cut them in half :flower:

:( eak ok what's the difference between the 2 sides and which one needs to be facing the bottom. Found scissors so will cut a few up for tomorrow.

Sorry I dont know anything about the Mio liners (are they just paper liners??)

How many times were the OneLifes prewashed?

Yeah Mio liners are paper liners :)
The slightly shinier side should be upwards as far as I know :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"