shingles while ttc

mummyb2b

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about having shingles while ttc or during early pregnancy? my mum called me today to say she has been diagnosed with shingles and been told to stay away from anyone who is ttc or is pregnant.

While i am not pregnant (and tbh dont think i will be this month) obviously there is a chance i could be and as i saw my mum only the other day and was in a steam room and jaccuzi with her as we went for a mum daughter pamper day. Apparently she would have been contagous when we were together the other day too! i am obviously concerned that this and any info would be appreciated! :help:

If you've had chicken pox already then you are fine to be around your mum, shingles are only contagious if you haven't had chicken pox other then that its fine. I've had them twice and they are no fun..hope your mum feels better :)

not sure if have had chicken pox, mum cant remember if was me or my brother and i now have spots too! got an appointment at the docs soon so will hopefully find out for sure then eep!!!

As kids the schools ensure we get our measles-mumps-rubella-varicella [MMRV], tetanus, rabies, polio, and we're meant to keep them up as adults. I travel lots so made sure mine are up to date and got Hep A-C (Twinrix) as well. The consequences are horrific and preventable, it's not worth getting an update before getting preggers/travel.

ok so its been confirmed that i do have shingles! so now i am concerned! i dont think i will be pregnant this month but there is a chance! testing due 11th doctor wasnt very helpful tbh he just said make sure you dont get pregnant and then practactlt rushed me out of the room! for once i actually hope i'm not pregnant!!!

ok so its been confirmed that i do have shingles! so now i am concerned! i dont think i will be pregnant this month but there is a chance! testing due 11th doctor wasnt very helpful tbh he just said make sure you dont get pregnant and then practactlt rushed me out of the room! for once i actually hope i'm not pregnant!!!

Oh sheizar, that's really horrible, sorry to hear that! Rest lots, I think it's a 2-3 week max that you'll have to put up with it? Look on the bright side, you can hang with your mom now :happydance:

Oh sheizar, that's really horrible, sorry to hear that! Rest lots, I think it's a 2-3 week max that you'll have to put up with it? Look on the bright side, you can hang with your mom now :happydance:

LOL just keep your fingers crossed that this isn't the month i get my BFP! the one month i hope i dont get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->