Shoes for newborns??

L

Laura--x

So far ive got 3 pairs of shoes in 3-6 months. I wasn't sure whether to get any a smaller size or not?

I've got millions of outfits for my little girl, and it coming close to summer when shes born i'd like to get her into them if i can, but wasn't sure if shoes were suitable and/or not appropiate for newborns??

I will keep her in just sleepsuits for the first few weeks, but after that i would like to start taking her out and so on so wondered if i should get shoes or not?

she probably wont really need like proper baby shoes but even little booties would do it. You will find though that the newborn outfits, socks, shoes etc.. will all be massive. Ive just kept Leo in sleepsuits because Ive tried puttin outfits on him but they look so silly because theyre massive.

xx

I used to just keep ds in barefeet and socks only when bit cold, which you have to keep an eye on to check they fit as much as you do shoes. I prefer not to put shoes on newborns so feet can have space to grow. So personally I would say if at all very soft loose fabrics, and make sure that there is always room for growth!

LOL I'm not going to buy myself any.. unless I absolutely can't resist :) I really wanted baby Uggs style boots so I would have been prepared to buy them but my friend bought them for us, best gift yet!! Umm.. but yeah I haven't thought much about it I have tons of socks and such already, some thin some heavier, I'm having a ridiculous baby shower so I'm not concerning myself with quantities as far as clothing or anything goes because I know I'll have enough.

I wouldnt bother- chloe is only just starting to tolerate keeping socks on never mind shoes!!

Expert advice suggests that you shouldn't put children in shoes until they actually need them (ie when they are old enough to walk) as they can restrict natural growth and shape of the feet. Soft booties are ok though. Hope this helps.

I get proper walking shoes when baby is starting to walk about 1 year for most. Buy good supported ones. They cost a bit more but are better :)

i wont put newborn in shoes, wont be buying shoes till she needs proper clarks crusing shoes. x

I only have socks and booties that are fabric....BUT I couldnt resist buying baby its first adidas trainers...something I have a huge passion for:blush: but they are the soft crib variety and they will only be used occassionally to annoy my mum:muaha:

Other than that when they start to stand/toddle will get him/her fitted for real shoes by shoe shop.

Emmaxx

I have a couple of pairs of the soft leather slip ons.

I have a few pairs in newborn i love the shoes <3 but they are all soft and very flexible if that makes sense doubt he will keep them on and i will probs loose them anyway lol xxx

As long as they dont fit like your shoes would, Newborns shouldnt been in any air tight shoes. Loose pretty fabric ones are fine, But cases are bubs wont wear em long.

I got a craving for frosted mini wheats from this topic

Ive bought Leo a little pair of converse pram shoes:cloud9:
I wont be putting him in proper shoes before hes walking though.

i didnt put shoes on lo till she was over a year old. even now i try not to put them on her too often (shes 2 in march) i only put them on her if shes going to be walking outside

As long as they are soft soled and loose fitting they are fine but you shoudln't put proper shoes on a baby till they need cruising shoes from Clarks. My mum is a manager for Clarks so I have already had the talk, so to speak as whats right and wrong. Your babies feet are so important and you don't want to damage them. Take care :hugs: XX

I have allways used soft booties you can get them ins uch pretty colours and will suit newborn age . xx .

Booties get kicked off too easily and you spend more time putting them back on than anything. Baby shoes, as long as they are wide and soft can be worn. I have always used them on my babies to help keep feet warm as like I said anything else can be kicked off and when you are out and about it is so annoying. When at home I never have anything on their feet xxx

You could get some booties or socks, but shoes are probably not great, i hate the idea of them not being able to flex their feet and ankles and being restrained in shoes.

But personal choice.

yea i have heard putting shoes on a babies feet can actually mess up their feet...i have never put shoes on my babies...just the socks or little booties..that way they can move their lil toes

Thanks girls. I've got a few pairs of booties and soft shoes which i know are safe..

I brought a pair of these off the adams website the other week..

https://adams.co.uk/baby-girls-ruched-leather-shoes-in-white

They had no other sizes apart from 0-3, so i just got them anyway. Is it best if i don't use them then?? Don't want to risk it if it could be a problem.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->