Shopping time

Dimples81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My friend is pregnant with her first and I want to get her a present. I'm looking for inspiration from Mums who found a lifesaving item that hadn't been suggested before but turned out to make a huge difference to first time mummyhood.

Someone has already suggested an electric swing and a snugglebundl as ingenious must haves you never knew you wanted but I want to ask what other mummy's think?

Thank you in advance.

I just posted on the other thread that the NoseFrida Snotsucker has been a lifesaver for us! My little bear has had a cold for ages but I've been able to keep his nose clear easily. Takes a bit of bravery to use it the first time if you're squeamish but it's all good after that!

I also have the Phil & Teds Nest bassinet, it's super portable (weighs 3lbs) and so terrific for having a safe place to put baby down anywhere in the house.

For carriers I have a Baby K'tan Active and a Boba 4G, both have been wonderful and gotten tons of use. :)

Will be looking forward to hearing other manas favorite items!

A good nursing pillow was amazing in the early days for breastfeeding.

I second the nose frida also the feeding pillow (especially one that can be used to help little one sit up etc), video baby monitor (Motorola MPB36s love it), moby wrap and also my Lillebaby carrier :thumbup:

Something fun - those baby milestone cards are great especially the more funny ones :thumbup:

Hates - babygro's with poppers that go diagonally across the body or over the head - nightmare to get a baby in & out off :grr:

The poddlepod was amazing when my LO was younger, could have her comfy and secure anywhere in the house with me :thumbup: she's not long outgrown it at almost 7 months.

For us, a good, really soft blanket (we've got a double lined Winnie the Pooh one) is invaluable now because my little girl uses it to fall asleep (rubs her face on it).

Thanks everyone, will have a look into some of those products

The best thing I bought before my daughter was born that was an absolute lifesaver was a moby wrap. If she is interested in babywearing and doesn't already have one, I would get her that. Otherwise, I would get her special simple things. When our friends had their first, we made them a little hamper with tea and coffee, biscuits, a board book, nice natural baby wash and then some hand cream and other pampering things for mum. I would have really appreciated something like that over more toys or baby items.

Here are a few of my favorite things:
Diaper Genie
Boppy (feeding/propping pillow)
Activity mat (especially when the baby is really little, it's nice to have something that will occupy him/her without you having to hold him/her up. We have one that plays music and that we can change out the toys on. It's great!)
Fisher Price Rock 'N Play Sleeper (portable rocking bassinet)
Bottle warmer
Microwavable sterilizer
Baby Bjorn baby carrier
Sleeping sacks
iPad/iPhone stand/holder (we put this onto the baby's crib and carseat when we have to go on road trips. The baby can watch a show for a little bit without us having to hold our iPad or phone up for him)

Expensive but worth every penny. A tommee tippee perfect prep machine (if bottle feeding) I would pay double what it cost me almost 2 years ago. Absolute life saver when you have a screaming baby that wants food NOW not when the kettle has boiled lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->