• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

short cervix, what has been your experience?

mamaxs4

Reaction score
Well, at 24 weeks my cervix had shortened to 1.6centimeters with bad funneling. I was admitted and rechecked in 24 hrs and my cervix improved and the funneling was gone. My dr prescribed steroid shots just in case. Well, my cervix continued to improve. I am now 31 weeks and as of today my cervix is 2.5 with the funnel returned and it is 2.8 centimeters. Do I have a chance of it lengthening again? I am back on sbr now. I wanted to know what experiences you ladies have had. I am a little nervous, but feel confident my baby will be ok if he's born soon. He seems like a strong baby and extremely active. Plus having had the shots to help his lungs. I am trying to stay positive as I have had 2 losses.

Don't worry Hun..babies born at this stage have 90% chance of being absolutely normal and battling it out in the big bad world.. I am at a risk of premie baby coz of low amniotic fluid and this is what my doc told me.. Main risk is breathing..and thus, steriod shots are given..for baby's lungs to form.. dont stress... n just take rest...u will be fine :)

Mama where they monitoring your cervix before 24 weeks?

My cervix was found short at 17 weeks (just under 2.5 cm), with vag progesterone and restricted activity I'm now up to 3.5-4.0 at 21 weeks.

2.8 at 31 weeks seems like a decent length to me, my MFM doc doesn't get concerned unless it's less than 2.5, and she says it's normal to shorten gradually as you get further along. I've also read alot of scientific papers on the subject and the 2.5 cm cutoff is only significant if found between 16-23 weeks.

I think you have a great chance at carrying to term, or close to it, with a 2.8 cm cervix. Listen to your doc and rest all you can.

It was found at 24 weeks. The tech didn't a clear view of my baby's heart at 20 weeks. My cervix was normal at 20 weeks. Well,the curiousosity in me asked the tech to check my cervix. I had a preterm birth at 22 weeks and a loss at 10 weeks. I was a little concerned about my cervix, well when she checked there was a bad funnel and my cervix was 1.6 centimeters. My dr admitted me to the hospital where my cervix improved to almost 3 centimeters. Over 5 weeks it went from 1.6 to almost 4 centimeters. It has shortened back to 2.5 with a funnel of 2.8. The funnel looks bad and his head is right at the top of the funnel. Trying not to worry and I'm greatful to have two kids for a distraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->