Short cervix - worried

Rheaz

Reaction score
Hi all.
I am 12w4d.
Last week exactly on 12w I had the nuchal scan which noted the length of my cervix was only 3.39cm!
From every chart I've ever read this is seriously short!
I had a LEEP/LLETZ procedure in 2009 and I believe they took a fair bit to get a clear margin. I also had a colposcopy at around this time.
Anyone else got short cervix measurements?
I'm stressing. :-(
See OB on Friday but hear it's very unusual and risky to be given a stitch.
Literally worried my baby will fall out too early to survive.
Can't stop worrying.
Any advice/experience?
Rhea.
Xx

Honestly, I wouldn't be that worried or stressed. 3.39cm is not that bad actually. They like them between 3.8 centimeters to 5 centimeters normally. My doctors have never been worried with a 3.0+
It's not unusual or too risky for a stitch... of course there is a SMALL risk. I'm high risk, I've had five losses, two in early first trimester, one close to second trimester, and two in second trimester and we are talking about one and we aren't worried about it. Also, depending on your doctor they normally start to get really worried when it's 2.7/2.5 and below. Have you talked to your OB yet? My OBs' wouldn't have done anything for 3.3cm but again, it depends on your doctor and area. Some will want to do regular measurements and at some point they may want to put you on bed rest. I have new doctors and they are already measuring my cervix. This group is awesome... https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...cervix-stitch-cerclage-threatened-labour.html

When you say fall out, do you literally think your baby will fall out or are you talking about going and delivering early? Babies don't just fall out. I had a very painful, 14 hour labor with my 16 weeker. No confusion on labor, it was the same process as full term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->