Short cycle ladies..

WaitnWonder

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone else with short cycles who are TTC. I am currently on CD20 and due AF on Saturday. I am just curious if short cycle women can still test before their AF is due or will it take longer to pick up on as obviously we would have a missed period sooner than most people. Feeling lost!

My cycles are fairly short...25 on average, sometimes 24, sometimes 26. I don't know about the testing too early though.

My cycles are fairly short...25 on average, sometimes 24, sometimes 26. I don't know about the testing too early though.

Thanks DosPinkies. Mines 25 on average but sometimes down to 20! Never over 26. Im just really confused and cant wait any longer to test; I am due on Saturday which would make me CD25 and I know some people with a 42 day cycle who's test doesnt pick anything up when they are due at CD41 :/ So surely Im in for a loooonggg wait lol xx

Here's my guess...someone with a shorter cycle like ours is going to implant quicker and get a BFP sooner. I think it stands to reason that it would be relative to your normal cycle. If your body does things on a 25 day cycle, it's going to get pregnant on a 25 day cycle, too. I have nothing to back this up - just an educated hypothesis. If I were you I'd wait until after your CD25 (or even 26 if you can stand to wait that long), and if AF still hasn't shown up, test. At the very least, a FRER would likely work at that point.

Wait, I do have one thing to back that up. FF tells me when to test and it's always on the day AF should show up. If that were different for me because of my short cycles, I'd imagine it would recommend a different day...but it doesn't.

Fab!! Thanks Mrs :) Sounds like a plan! 3 more days :D Feelin a bit crampy today so guessin AF is coming :( xx

Hi my cycles were 25 days and I ovulated on day 11 so still had a 14 day luteal phase, same as anyone else. It doesn't leave a lot of time after AF to get the job done but you just need a lot of BDing.

Best to get a few cheap OPKs to check you ovulate early x

I often have 26 day cycles, and can ovulate from cycle day 10-14 (usually 10 or 11).
I chart, so I know when I ovulated and when AF is coming - my luteal phase stays around 15 or 16 days, so when testing around AF time it still gives the same number of days after ovulation, and time for implantation to occur.
Do you chart? Short cycles and testing shouldn't be a problem if your luteal phase is long enough...

Here's my guess...someone with a shorter cycle like ours is going to implant quicker and get a BFP sooner. I think it stands to reason that it would be relative to your normal cycle. If your body does things on a 25 day cycle, it's going to get pregnant on a 25 day cycle, too. I have nothing to back this up - just an educated hypothesis. If I were you I'd wait until after your CD25 (or even 26 if you can stand to wait that long), and if AF still hasn't shown up, test. At the very least, a FRER would likely work at that point.

Wait, I do have one thing to back that up. FF tells me when to test and it's always on the day AF should show up. If that were different for me because of my short cycles, I'd imagine it would recommend a different day...but it doesn't.

Yes, what she said. Regardless of how long your cycle is you should be able to get a positive test about 12 days after your ovulate. If your cycles are 25 days, that would be on day 23. My doctor thinks I ovulated on day 6 this month. That means I could test on day 18.

My cycles are between 23-26 days, averaging 25 days. My LP is between 10-11 days. I don't know about testing early because with my son I waited until I was 6 days late to test and with my daughter I was 4 days late but if I remember right I tested before AF was due with her and got negatives.

you may just be a slow hormone producer. Some people get a bfp 9 days after they ovulate and some people have to wait until AF is really late before they get a bfp. It has nothing to do with your cycle. It has to do with how quick/slow the embryo implants and your body starts to make HCG. This can be different woman to woman and also pregnancy to pregnancy in the same woman. It's so hard to wait, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->