short cycle/spotting before period

Rawan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I originally thought I had polyp and was going to remove it but the saline test showed that they are no longer there. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my age (recently turned 36), but I noticed my cycle getting shorter in last few cycles, and I've been spotting few days before period starts. I usually don't spot before period. My bloodwork so far is all normal, just waiting for amh. I talked to the doctor today, and he said he can give me progesterone suppository after I ovulate, to see if that helps with spotting. I wanted to do a progesterone level test but he said it won't give us much information. Also, usually I have 27-28 days cycle, but last few cycles range from 23-26, which makes me worried that even if I ovulate my egg might not be mature enough to be fertilized. Anyone in similar situation? Thank you!

In the last 7 months or so my cycles have gone from around 27 days to 24 with my ovulation date staying the same. I get a positive opk day 15. I've had tests done & waiting to see a consultant in March to discuss all the results. My FSH levels are the high side of normal. I was worried my progesterone was low with having a short luteal phase but the doctor said it was fine. My amh is low at 6.7 also. Im 34 years old.
I'm hoping there will be something done that can help. When do you get your amh results?

I have always had short cycles (average 25-26 days), and ovulating around CD10-11. My first baby we got on the second month of trying (O'd on CD11). Second pregnancy ended in a CP, and I O'd on CD11 as well. My third pregnancy was through IVF after a year of trying, and we are determined to be "unexplained infertility".

All my tests came back fine. They even got 26 eggs out at egg retrieval! But only 13 were mature, and only 7 fertilized. In the end only 3 were fair-poor and we did a 3 day transfer since she didn't think they'd survive another day in the medium/incubator. We put back all 3, and 1 stuck...and he's 16mo now.

I'm not sure what the deal is with short cycles, but there is some data that points to immature eggs being released. But all my doctors said that's highly impossible, and the body will not release an immature egg. I truly believe they are wrong....and other women's stories out there with different FS say there is always a chance your body releases immature eggs if you O too early. I'm not totally sure what the fix is since most Drs don't believe the body releases immature eggs. But Vitex is an over the counter vitamin that comes up a lot.

I'll be 36 in March. I wish you the best. <3

In the last 7 months or so my cycles have gone from around 27 days to 24 with my ovulation date staying the same. I get a positive opk day 15. I've had tests done & waiting to see a consultant in March to discuss all the results. My FSH levels are the high side of normal. I was worried my progesterone was low with having a short luteal phase but the doctor said it was fine. My amh is low at 6.7 also. Im 34 years old.
I'm hoping there will be something done that can help. When do you get your amh results?
I am still waiting for my amh result, so doctor said I can start progesterone after I ovulate this cycle. I find that when I have shorter cycles, my lh surge day also becomes earlier, which makes me worried that my egg might not be mature enough to be fertilized, but this current cycle seems to be more normal, I got lh surge on day 11.

I have always had short cycles (average 25-26 days), and ovulating around CD10-11. My first baby we got on the second month of trying (O'd on CD11). Second pregnancy ended in a CP, and I O'd on CD11 as well. My third pregnancy was through IVF after a year of trying, and we are determined to be "unexplained infertility".

All my tests came back fine. They even got 26 eggs out at egg retrieval! But only 13 were mature, and only 7 fertilized. In the end only 3 were fair-poor and we did a 3 day transfer since she didn't think they'd survive another day in the medium/incubator. We put back all 3, and 1 stuck...and he's 16mo now.

I'm not sure what the deal is with short cycles, but there is some data that points to immature eggs being released. But all my doctors said that's highly impossible, and the body will not release an immature egg. I truly believe they are wrong....and other women's stories out there with different FS say there is always a chance your body releases immature eggs if you O too early. I'm not totally sure what the fix is since most Drs don't believe the body releases immature eggs. But Vitex is an over the counter vitamin that comes up a lot.

I'll be 36 in March. I wish you the best. <3
I find that when my cycle is shorter, the day that my LH surge also becomes earlier, like last 2 cycles, I got LH surge on day 9, that's why I was worried that my egg wasn't mature enough to be fertilized. Have you tried vitex before? This current cycle seems more normal, I got LH surge on day 11. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->