Short cycles after mc

Kmx

Reaction score
Just wondered if this wAs normal/ any one else experienced it and how long until they returned to normal?

I had MC in September. Before this my cycles were consistently 27-29 days. My two cycles since the MC have been 25 days. Not drastically shorter but still - not really nornal for Me.

If I were to get pregnant would the short cycle effect anything? Eg more likely to have MC again if it's a short cycle.

I had my 1st period 3 weeks after my D&C, that cycle was 26 days long, 2nd cycle was 25 days, 3rd was 31 days and 4th was 29 days long. I went for a scan last Sunday and it showed late ovulation but my period wasn't late, and it started on Friday 2 days back.

I think this is why they advice to wait at least 3 cycles before ttc again after a loss to give your body a chance to get back to normal. xx

Hi. I also have the same experience. I had an MC last year Sept. Before then my cycles were 28 days clock work. But after that they would range from 25 to 30. I guess its an imbalance of the hormones. My doc has given me some meds to help reguralise. Cant wait to have them back to normal to continue with my ttc journey..

It could be caused by a short luteal phase. They say an LP of less than about 10 days stops you from getting pregnant because egg doesnt get a chance to implant. I have had an LP of only 7 days (probably related to breastfeeding) but still got pregnant twice so thats not always the case. It is probably just temporary from the MC and your hormones are getting their balance back. You can do OPKs to see when you are ovulating. If you have a short LP and it doesnt resolve itself your doctor should be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->