Short Follicular Phase

Ceilani

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been reading more about how a shortened follicular phase can lead to fertility problems; has anyone here experienced this?

My cycles have been pretty regular....24/25 day cycles with a 10-ish day follicular phase (ov on day 10 or 11) and a 14 day luteal phase. The last couple of cycles though, my period has been about 3 days of light/medium flow with 1-2 days of brn spotting (as opposed to 4 full days of heavy flow from April to about Sept.). I get positive OPK's 1-2 days prior to ov, and this last cycle (1st one temping) I saw a definite shift showing ov on day 10.

DH and I are planning to make an appt with an RE in January (that will be 6 mos of active TTC), but until then, I think I read somewhere here on the forum that a small dosage of Vitex can lengthen the follicular phase...thoughts?

Thank you!

hello! I *think* only the luteal phase has an impact and 14 days sounds just about right. But only your FS can confirm for sure

I have the same problem. Cycle is 26 days - 28 days. I usually ovulate day 12 but I had one recently that I ovulated on day 10! Then my LP has somehow or rather longer than 14 days nowadays where it usually was only 12-13 days!

Oh and my OPK was positive on the day of O day only!

I took clomid last cycle and during day 12 went in for a scan, everything seemed okay, my follicle was of good size so the gynae doesnt seem too concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->